Nearly 400 pounds of copper wire and $5,460 in tools were taken from a building undergoing salvaging and demolition work in the 12100 block of West Feerick Street last week.
Owners of the demolition company who had been working at the site for numerous weeks said they have had many people stop by and ask for scrap metal, which they could recycle for a profit. Most of the requests were turned down.
But between 4 p.m. Wednesday and 6:45 a.m. Thursday, someone had opened the gate, drove a vehicle to the back of the property and loaded up the tools and wire. Footprints and tire tracks were found at the scene.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa firefighters captured on video battling car flames
- German retailer VOM FASS opens at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa man involved in fatal Dane County crash
- Wauwatosa Holiday Happenings 2015
- Stone Creek Coffee looks to open Harwood Avenue location in Tosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26