Nearly 400 pounds of copper wire and $5,460 in tools were taken from a building undergoing salvaging and demolition work in the 12100 block of West Feerick Street last week.
Owners of the demolition company who had been working at the site for numerous weeks said they have had many people stop by and ask for scrap metal, which they could recycle for a profit. Most of the requests were turned down.
But between 4 p.m. Wednesday and 6:45 a.m. Thursday, someone had opened the gate, drove a vehicle to the back of the property and loaded up the tools and wire. Footprints and tire tracks were found at the scene.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue
- In brief: July 24, 2014
- Numbers peak for Wauwatosa summer school enrollment, programs