Nearly 400 pounds of copper wire and $5,460 in tools were taken from a building undergoing salvaging and demolition work in the 12100 block of West Feerick Street last week.
Owners of the demolition company who had been working at the site for numerous weeks said they have had many people stop by and ask for scrap metal, which they could recycle for a profit. Most of the requests were turned down.
But between 4 p.m. Wednesday and 6:45 a.m. Thursday, someone had opened the gate, drove a vehicle to the back of the property and loaded up the tools and wire. Footprints and tire tracks were found at the scene.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23