A 51-year-old Grafton man was arrested for drunken driving after he drove from Oak Creek to Wauwatosa with his air bag deployed Wednesday evening.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The man had been drinking at On The Border, a strip club, and on his way out of Oak Creek, he struck a pole and damaged the front of his vehicle.
His air bag deployed, but he kept driving about 20 miles until his vehicle ran out of gas in the 10700 block of North Ave. He sat in his car until police arrived, but seemed a bit delusional because he begged them not to report him to the Secret Service.
He refused blood-alcohol content tests, but had the Wauwatosa Fire Department take him to Froedtert Hospital for neck pain.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new science requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drive
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31