A 51-year-old Grafton man was arrested for drunken driving after he drove from Oak Creek to Wauwatosa with his air bag deployed Wednesday evening.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The man had been drinking at On The Border, a strip club, and on his way out of Oak Creek, he struck a pole and damaged the front of his vehicle.
His air bag deployed, but he kept driving about 20 miles until his vehicle ran out of gas in the 10700 block of North Ave. He sat in his car until police arrived, but seemed a bit delusional because he begged them not to report him to the Secret Service.
He refused blood-alcohol content tests, but had the Wauwatosa Fire Department take him to Froedtert Hospital for neck pain.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series