Roger Payne, a Wauwatosa East High School teacher, has been charged with three misdemeanors after marijuana and various drug paraphernalia were seized from his Pewaukee home in November.
Payne, 47, was charged Monday with possession of THC, possession of drug paraphernalia, and resisting or obstructing an officer.
He will make his initial court appearance at the Waukesha Circuit Court on Wednesday, March 25.
On Nov. 20, Payne told police that a 21-year-old Waukesha man had taken $1,500 from his closet.
Upon interviewing the 21-year-old, police discovered that it was marijuana the man had stolen from Payne and not money. The 21-year-old told police he stole the marijuana because he was angry that Payne made unwanted sexual advances toward him.
The man also told police that Payne often had parties where underage people would drink, smoke marijuana and ingest mushrooms and cocaine.
Upon further investigation, police seized 77 grams of marijuana, four glass pipes, four water bongs, various drug paraphernalia and $6,400 from his home.
Payne is still on paid administrative leave from the Wauwatosa School District as school officials continue to conduct their own investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director