Roger Payne, a Wauwatosa East High School teacher, has been charged with three misdemeanors after marijuana and various drug paraphernalia were seized from his Pewaukee home in November.
Payne, 47, was charged Monday with possession of THC, possession of drug paraphernalia, and resisting or obstructing an officer.
He will make his initial court appearance at the Waukesha Circuit Court on Wednesday, March 25.
On Nov. 20, Payne told police that a 21-year-old Waukesha man had taken $1,500 from his closet.
Upon interviewing the 21-year-old, police discovered that it was marijuana the man had stolen from Payne and not money. The 21-year-old told police he stole the marijuana because he was angry that Payne made unwanted sexual advances toward him.
The man also told police that Payne often had parties where underage people would drink, smoke marijuana and ingest mushrooms and cocaine.
Upon further investigation, police seized 77 grams of marijuana, four glass pipes, four water bongs, various drug paraphernalia and $6,400 from his home.
Payne is still on paid administrative leave from the Wauwatosa School District as school officials continue to conduct their own investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park (1)
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11