Roger Payne, a Wauwatosa East High School teacher, has been charged with three misdemeanors after marijuana and various drug paraphernalia were seized from his Pewaukee home in November.
Payne, 47, was charged Monday with possession of THC, possession of drug paraphernalia, and resisting or obstructing an officer.
He will make his initial court appearance at the Waukesha Circuit Court on Wednesday, March 25.
On Nov. 20, Payne told police that a 21-year-old Waukesha man had taken $1,500 from his closet.
Upon interviewing the 21-year-old, police discovered that it was marijuana the man had stolen from Payne and not money. The 21-year-old told police he stole the marijuana because he was angry that Payne made unwanted sexual advances toward him.
The man also told police that Payne often had parties where underage people would drink, smoke marijuana and ingest mushrooms and cocaine.
Upon further investigation, police seized 77 grams of marijuana, four glass pipes, four water bongs, various drug paraphernalia and $6,400 from his home.
Payne is still on paid administrative leave from the Wauwatosa School District as school officials continue to conduct their own investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30