A man was taken into protective custody after police saw him walking in the 2100 block of North 60th Street underdressed for the weather.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
An 18-year-old Milwaukee man was walking in the middle of the southbound traffic lane at 5:28 a.m. Thursday while only wearing a cotton T-shirt and no shoes in below zero temperatures.
The officer tried to get the man to stop, but the 18-year-old kept walking and told the officer that his problem was personal.
Police had to use an electronic control device in order to get him into custody.
The man told police that he was not "right with God" and was on "a path to Jesus."
He also told police that he had used marijuana and drank alcohol that night.
Police figured the man walked some 35 blocks from his home. When they took him into custody, his right foot was bleeding and his socks were worn through.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series