A man was taken into protective custody after police saw him walking in the 2100 block of North 60th Street underdressed for the weather.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
An 18-year-old Milwaukee man was walking in the middle of the southbound traffic lane at 5:28 a.m. Thursday while only wearing a cotton T-shirt and no shoes in below zero temperatures.
The officer tried to get the man to stop, but the 18-year-old kept walking and told the officer that his problem was personal.
Police had to use an electronic control device in order to get him into custody.
The man told police that he was not "right with God" and was on "a path to Jesus."
He also told police that he had used marijuana and drank alcohol that night.
Police figured the man walked some 35 blocks from his home. When they took him into custody, his right foot was bleeding and his socks were worn through.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum
- Wauwatosa closer to allowing beekeeping
- Vape Haven rejected by Wauwatosa Common Council