A man was taken into protective custody after police saw him walking in the 2100 block of North 60th Street underdressed for the weather.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
An 18-year-old Milwaukee man was walking in the middle of the southbound traffic lane at 5:28 a.m. Thursday while only wearing a cotton T-shirt and no shoes in below zero temperatures.
The officer tried to get the man to stop, but the 18-year-old kept walking and told the officer that his problem was personal.
Police had to use an electronic control device in order to get him into custody.
The man told police that he was not "right with God" and was on "a path to Jesus."
He also told police that he had used marijuana and drank alcohol that night.
Police figured the man walked some 35 blocks from his home. When they took him into custody, his right foot was bleeding and his socks were worn through.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (10)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes