A man was taken into protective custody after police saw him walking in the 2100 block of North 60th Street underdressed for the weather.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
An 18-year-old Milwaukee man was walking in the middle of the southbound traffic lane at 5:28 a.m. Thursday while only wearing a cotton T-shirt and no shoes in below zero temperatures.
The officer tried to get the man to stop, but the 18-year-old kept walking and told the officer that his problem was personal.
Police had to use an electronic control device in order to get him into custody.
The man told police that he was not "right with God" and was on "a path to Jesus."
He also told police that he had used marijuana and drank alcohol that night.
Police figured the man walked some 35 blocks from his home. When they took him into custody, his right foot was bleeding and his socks were worn through.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa's Firefly Art Fair a natural landscape of beauty
- Residents invited to help design Wauwatosa skatepark
- Accordionist wows folk dancing club with range of international music
- Business Notes: July 31
- Hawaiian grocery crowd-funds commercial kitchen
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014