An 18-year-old Greenfield man was arrested for attempting to steal a Habitat for Humanity donation bin at Mayfair Mall, 2500 N. Mayfair Road, at 9:17 a.m. Friday.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The man dragged the bin into a corridor that runs behind the food court.
From a surveillance video, police saw the man loitering near the bin. He then slowly began to drag the bin about 25 feet.
After dragging it, he sat down on the floor next to it, and tried to open it, but when he was unsuccessful, he continued to drag it into the corridor.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police concealing more information due to federal court ruling
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- City needs to fund senior center if it has hopes of a future
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word