An 18-year-old Greenfield man was arrested for attempting to steal a Habitat for Humanity donation bin at Mayfair Mall, 2500 N. Mayfair Road, at 9:17 a.m. Friday.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The man dragged the bin into a corridor that runs behind the food court.
From a surveillance video, police saw the man loitering near the bin. He then slowly began to drag the bin about 25 feet.
After dragging it, he sat down on the floor next to it, and tried to open it, but when he was unsuccessful, he continued to drag it into the corridor.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series