An 18-year-old Greenfield man was arrested for attempting to steal a Habitat for Humanity donation bin at Mayfair Mall, 2500 N. Mayfair Road, at 9:17 a.m. Friday.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The man dragged the bin into a corridor that runs behind the food court.
From a surveillance video, police saw the man loitering near the bin. He then slowly began to drag the bin about 25 feet.
After dragging it, he sat down on the floor next to it, and tried to open it, but when he was unsuccessful, he continued to drag it into the corridor.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94