An 18-year-old Greenfield man was arrested for attempting to steal a Habitat for Humanity donation bin at Mayfair Mall, 2500 N. Mayfair Road, at 9:17 a.m. Friday.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The man dragged the bin into a corridor that runs behind the food court.
From a surveillance video, police saw the man loitering near the bin. He then slowly began to drag the bin about 25 feet.
After dragging it, he sat down on the floor next to it, and tried to open it, but when he was unsuccessful, he continued to drag it into the corridor.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- DA's office will not bring criminal charges against officers who shot and killed man with sword (1)
- Mayfair mall, Susan G. Komen host series of breast cancer events
- Wauwatosa schools celebrate Walk to School Day on Oct. 7
- Wauwatosa Fire Department earns accreditation, and is now more data-driven than ever
- A tour of homes with a flavor of architecture and history
- Wauwatosa West High School homecoming is student-run this year
- Tosa Farmers Market pushes for end-of-year attendance
- In brief: author chat, budget talks, spring election
- Wauwatosa School Board approves superintendent's new contract, salary
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Oct. 1