A 28-year-old man was charged Tuesday in the fatal shooting of another man at a Wauwatosa bus stop over the weekend.
According to a criminal complaint, Richard L. Harper of Wauwatosa is charged with first-degree intentional homicide, use of a dangerous weapon, in the shooting death of Marc Joseph Boldt of Milwaukee.
Boldt, 38, was shot shortly after 1 p.m. Saturday at the northeast corner of N. 68th St. and W. Wisconsin Ave.
According to the complaint, Harper told police he became upset and shot Boldt after Boldt offered to perform a sex act on him in exchange for money.
If convicted, Harper would face a maximum sentence of life plus five years in prison.
He was being held in the Milwaukee County jail Tuesday with bail set at $100,000.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Sept. 7
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 3
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (5)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa