A 28-year-old man was charged Tuesday in the fatal shooting of another man at a Wauwatosa bus stop over the weekend.
According to a criminal complaint, Richard L. Harper of Wauwatosa is charged with first-degree intentional homicide, use of a dangerous weapon, in the shooting death of Marc Joseph Boldt of Milwaukee.
Boldt, 38, was shot shortly after 1 p.m. Saturday at the northeast corner of N. 68th St. and W. Wisconsin Ave.
According to the complaint, Harper told police he became upset and shot Boldt after Boldt offered to perform a sex act on him in exchange for money.
If convicted, Harper would face a maximum sentence of life plus five years in prison.
He was being held in the Milwaukee County jail Tuesday with bail set at $100,000.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue
- In brief: July 24, 2014
- Numbers peak for Wauwatosa summer school enrollment, programs