A 28-year-old man was charged Tuesday in the fatal shooting of another man at a Wauwatosa bus stop over the weekend.
According to a criminal complaint, Richard L. Harper of Wauwatosa is charged with first-degree intentional homicide, use of a dangerous weapon, in the shooting death of Marc Joseph Boldt of Milwaukee.
Boldt, 38, was shot shortly after 1 p.m. Saturday at the northeast corner of N. 68th St. and W. Wisconsin Ave.
According to the complaint, Harper told police he became upset and shot Boldt after Boldt offered to perform a sex act on him in exchange for money.
If convicted, Harper would face a maximum sentence of life plus five years in prison.
He was being held in the Milwaukee County jail Tuesday with bail set at $100,000.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30