A former Milwaukee County development director received support tonight from a selection committee charged with recommending a replacement for late Wauwatosa 8th District Alderman Tom Treis.
Robert Dennik told the committee about his background in lobbying at the local, state and federal levels, his experience in county government and his knowledge about policy and procedure. He recently took a position as vice president of business development for VJS Construction Service and serves on the Milwaukee County Research Park board.
He received more votes from committee members then the other six applicants who each participated in 15 minute interviews. After three rounds of voting to narrow down the candidate pool, Dennik received three votes to runner-up Thomas Lutzow, chief executive officer for Independent Care Health Plan.
The Wauwatosa Common Council will vote on Dennik's selection at its next meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 17, at Wauwatosa City Hall, 7725 W. North Ave.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa