A former Milwaukee County development director received support tonight from a selection committee charged with recommending a replacement for late Wauwatosa 8th District Alderman Tom Treis.
Robert Dennik told the committee about his background in lobbying at the local, state and federal levels, his experience in county government and his knowledge about policy and procedure. He recently took a position as vice president of business development for VJS Construction Service and serves on the Milwaukee County Research Park board.
He received more votes from committee members then the other six applicants who each participated in 15 minute interviews. After three rounds of voting to narrow down the candidate pool, Dennik received three votes to runner-up Thomas Lutzow, chief executive officer for Independent Care Health Plan.
The Wauwatosa Common Council will vote on Dennik's selection at its next meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 17, at Wauwatosa City Hall, 7725 W. North Ave.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options