A former Milwaukee County development director received support tonight from a selection committee charged with recommending a replacement for late Wauwatosa 8th District Alderman Tom Treis.
Robert Dennik told the committee about his background in lobbying at the local, state and federal levels, his experience in county government and his knowledge about policy and procedure. He recently took a position as vice president of business development for VJS Construction Service and serves on the Milwaukee County Research Park board.
He received more votes from committee members then the other six applicants who each participated in 15 minute interviews. After three rounds of voting to narrow down the candidate pool, Dennik received three votes to runner-up Thomas Lutzow, chief executive officer for Independent Care Health Plan.
The Wauwatosa Common Council will vote on Dennik's selection at its next meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 17, at Wauwatosa City Hall, 7725 W. North Ave.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue
- In brief: July 24, 2014
- Numbers peak for Wauwatosa summer school enrollment, programs