Hart Park improvement work is scheduled to get under way soon, but the city has yet to finalize $1.2 million in project funding.
Toldt Development was supposed to buy land near the Public Works Yard to build 427 units of condos, senior apartments and lofts, a deal city staff expected to wrap up by the end of February.
Now the deal is held up by negotiations over price, according to a memo from City Administrator James Archambo to the Common Council's Budget & Finance Committee.
The park facilities project depends on money from the city's capital budget, borrowing and funds from the land sale. Tomorrow night, the committee will discuss whether to hold off on park improvements until the sale goes through or if other funding options such as borrowing a larger amount of money should be pursued.
The park project is in the design phase and city officials had hoped the athletic facilities would be ready for the fall sports season.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options