A 28-year-old Wauwatosa man is expected to be charged tomorrow for killing a man at a bus stop at 68th Street and Wisconsin Avenue on Saturday afternoon.
Investigations prove the shooter and victim did not know each other, but they had a brief conversation before the incident, Wauwatosa Police Department Lt. Dominic Leone said. He would not comment as to the nature of the discussion.
The police have released few details about the incident, but an autopsy on the 38-year-old victim, Mark Boldt of Milwaukee, was schedule for today. He had been shot in the face and died later at Froedtert Hospital
Several calls from witnesses allowed police to respond quickly, picking up the suspect on a bus at 61st Street. Police also recovered the gun. Riders were ordered off the bus and the suspect was taken into custody without any problems, Leone said.
It has been little more than a year since the last homicide in Wauwatosa, Leone said. A murder-suicide occurred on March 2, 2008.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools