A 28-year-old Wauwatosa man is expected to be charged tomorrow for killing a man at a bus stop at 68th Street and Wisconsin Avenue on Saturday afternoon.
Investigations prove the shooter and victim did not know each other, but they had a brief conversation before the incident, Wauwatosa Police Department Lt. Dominic Leone said. He would not comment as to the nature of the discussion.
The police have released few details about the incident, but an autopsy on the 38-year-old victim, Mark Boldt of Milwaukee, was schedule for today. He had been shot in the face and died later at Froedtert Hospital
Several calls from witnesses allowed police to respond quickly, picking up the suspect on a bus at 61st Street. Police also recovered the gun. Riders were ordered off the bus and the suspect was taken into custody without any problems, Leone said.
It has been little more than a year since the last homicide in Wauwatosa, Leone said. A murder-suicide occurred on March 2, 2008.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue
- In brief: July 24, 2014
- Numbers peak for Wauwatosa summer school enrollment, programs
- Relay for Life of Wauwatosa happening Friday
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Kids dig into nature at Camp Arrowhead
- I-94 closure 'smooth as could be'