A 28-year-old Wauwatosa man is expected to be charged tomorrow for killing a man at a bus stop at 68th Street and Wisconsin Avenue on Saturday afternoon.
Investigations prove the shooter and victim did not know each other, but they had a brief conversation before the incident, Wauwatosa Police Department Lt. Dominic Leone said. He would not comment as to the nature of the discussion.
The police have released few details about the incident, but an autopsy on the 38-year-old victim, Mark Boldt of Milwaukee, was schedule for today. He had been shot in the face and died later at Froedtert Hospital
Several calls from witnesses allowed police to respond quickly, picking up the suspect on a bus at 61st Street. Police also recovered the gun. Riders were ordered off the bus and the suspect was taken into custody without any problems, Leone said.
It has been little more than a year since the last homicide in Wauwatosa, Leone said. A murder-suicide occurred on March 2, 2008.
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30