The Journal Sentinel's Tom Daykin is reporting that a proposed sale of land by Milwaukee County to University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee for UWM's planned new engineering campus on the County Grounds ran into a delay Monday before the County Board's Committee on Economic and Community Development.
Committee members voted unanimously to hold the item until some changes--including a proposed increase in the sale price--can be made to the proposal. The proposal could return later this month to the committee.
For more on this story, check out Daykin's Land and Space blog on JSOnline.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?