The Journal Sentinel's Tom Daykin is reporting that a proposed sale of land by Milwaukee County to University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee for UWM's planned new engineering campus on the County Grounds ran into a delay Monday before the County Board's Committee on Economic and Community Development.
Committee members voted unanimously to hold the item until some changes--including a proposed increase in the sale price--can be made to the proposal. The proposal could return later this month to the committee.
For more on this story, check out Daykin's Land and Space blog on JSOnline.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)