The Journal Sentinel's Tom Daykin is reporting that a proposed sale of land by Milwaukee County to University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee for UWM's planned new engineering campus on the County Grounds ran into a delay Monday before the County Board's Committee on Economic and Community Development.
Committee members voted unanimously to hold the item until some changes--including a proposed increase in the sale price--can be made to the proposal. The proposal could return later this month to the committee.
For more on this story, check out Daykin's Land and Space blog on JSOnline.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Athleta coming to Mayfair
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves