Wauwatosa - A 38-year-old Milwaukee man was shot to death Saturday at the intersection of N. 68th St. and W. Wisconsin Ave. by a man who tried to escape on a Milwaukee County bus, Wauwatosa police said.
The incident occurred about 1 p.m. After shooting the victim in the face with a handgun, the suspect, a 28-year-old Wauwatosa man, got on an eastbound bus. However, police, who had received several 911 calls, arrested him on the bus at N. 61st St. and W. Wisconsin Ave., Wauwatosa Police Lt. Dominic Leone said.
Leone said other passengers were ordered off the bus and the suspect was taken into custody without incident. Police could not say what led to the homicide, which was the first in Wauwatosa this year.
The city had one homicide last year, Leone said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new math requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drivers
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31