Wauwatosa - A 38-year-old Milwaukee man was shot to death Saturday at the intersection of N. 68th St. and W. Wisconsin Ave. by a man who tried to escape on a Milwaukee County bus, Wauwatosa police said.
The incident occurred about 1 p.m. After shooting the victim in the face with a handgun, the suspect, a 28-year-old Wauwatosa man, got on an eastbound bus. However, police, who had received several 911 calls, arrested him on the bus at N. 61st St. and W. Wisconsin Ave., Wauwatosa Police Lt. Dominic Leone said.
Leone said other passengers were ordered off the bus and the suspect was taken into custody without incident. Police could not say what led to the homicide, which was the first in Wauwatosa this year.
The city had one homicide last year, Leone said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- North Shore school boards target achievement gap
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School
- Business Notes: Nov. 27
- President Obama honored Wauwatosa's superintendent for technology integration
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Nov. 27
- In Our Schools: Nov. 27, 2014