Wauwatosa - A 38-year-old Milwaukee man was shot to death Saturday at the intersection of N. 68th St. and W. Wisconsin Ave. by a man who tried to escape on a Milwaukee County bus, Wauwatosa police said.
The incident occurred about 1 p.m. After shooting the victim in the face with a handgun, the suspect, a 28-year-old Wauwatosa man, got on an eastbound bus. However, police, who had received several 911 calls, arrested him on the bus at N. 61st St. and W. Wisconsin Ave., Wauwatosa Police Lt. Dominic Leone said.
Leone said other passengers were ordered off the bus and the suspect was taken into custody without incident. Police could not say what led to the homicide, which was the first in Wauwatosa this year.
The city had one homicide last year, Leone said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting