A 41-year-old Milwaukee man was charged Friday with three counts of burglary for crimes that occurred in Wauwatosa over the past two weeks.
Wauwatosa police arrested Gregory Webb for attempted burglary Tuesday after officers found him hiding in a recycling cart outside United Methodist Church.
According to police reports:
Webb saw a neighbor watching him as he used a hammer to smash a window on a house in the 7500 block of Kenwood Avenue, so he fled and hid, assuming she would call police.
He had a backpack with cleats in his possession, which were taken from a home in the 1800 block of North 73rd Street on Feb. 26. He said he had sold the other items taken in that burglary - a video game system and games - for crack cocaine.
Webb also broke into a house in the 7400 block of Melrose Avenue on Monday morning. He had broken out two windows and took a flat-screen television valued at $2,000. He said people looked at him as he walked down the street and onto a bus with the TV, but nobody said anything. He sold the TV for more drugs.
He is scheduled to appear at the Milwaukee County Courthouse on March 16.
This is not Webb's first arrest; he was on parole for committing a number of armed robberies in 1997.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)