Le Reve Patisserie & Café got approval Tuesday night to add café-style seating in front of its restaurant, 7610 Harwood Ave., and a neighboring store, Oro Di Oliva.
Owner Andrew Schneider wants to provide room for about one dozen people to dine on benches and bistro tables put up against the building, but the seating is expected to encroach about 3 1/2 feet onto the 10-foot-wide sidewalk in the public right-of-way.
He said the outdoor seating would increase the eatery's visibility within the Wauwatosa Village Business Improvement District and add to the European village feel of the area.
The city recently adopted guidelines for leasing public right-of-way because newcomer Café Hollander plans to operate outdoor seating on the pedestrian bridge south of State Street.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa pedestrian killed by train
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30
- Wauwatosa committee rejects Woman's Club parking proposal
- What to expect on a Nov. 4 ballot in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Department joins Facebook for more than just 'friends'