Le Reve Patisserie & Café got approval Tuesday night to add café-style seating in front of its restaurant, 7610 Harwood Ave., and a neighboring store, Oro Di Oliva.
Owner Andrew Schneider wants to provide room for about one dozen people to dine on benches and bistro tables put up against the building, but the seating is expected to encroach about 3 1/2 feet onto the 10-foot-wide sidewalk in the public right-of-way.
He said the outdoor seating would increase the eatery's visibility within the Wauwatosa Village Business Improvement District and add to the European village feel of the area.
The city recently adopted guidelines for leasing public right-of-way because newcomer Café Hollander plans to operate outdoor seating on the pedestrian bridge south of State Street.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 16
- Mara is new DBA director of public relations
- In Brief: April 16
- Choice school looks to occupy Wauwatosa building that housed Pius (7)
- Wauwatosa woman accused of falsely claiming ex-husband's death to receive benefits
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 16
- Wauwatosa dry cleaner seeks permission to use former City Market building