The Wauwatosa Common Council on Tuesday granted Leff's Lucky Town a conditional-use permit that will allow it to operate an outdoor patio until 11 p.m.
The Community Development Committee last week recommended requiring security to monitor the area around the bar, a stipulation that the council chose to strike from the resolution because no other establishment within the city is held to those standards, and a security guard would have little authority.
Instead, aldermen suggested people call Wauwatosa Police if problems arise.
The conditional-use permit is just the first step in developing the former gas station on the corner of State and 72nd streets as an extension of the existing Leff's. Conceptual plans call for transforming the gas station building into a second bar.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa's All-City Read well underway, more events to come
- Wauwatosa Revolving Loan Fund celebrates 25 years
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes two new lionesses
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 15
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound? (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4