A 36-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for parking an operating vehicle after he left three small children unattended in the 2200 block of North 72nd Street about 7 p.m. Saturday.
A 1-year-old and 2-year-old twins were sleeping in an unlocked, running vehicle that had the keys in the ignition.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Shortly after officers arrived, the man came out to the truck from a nearby residence and told officers he did not see a potential problem.
"This is Wauwatosa. This ain't Fifth and Center," he said.
Officers warned him about the dangers of leaving items and people in a vehicle when there have been thefts and burglaries that have happened in the area.
- Tosa Farmers Market opens June 4 with new manager, new vendors
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 2
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 22 - 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why was a home on the parkway razed?
- Youth group raises funds by planting pink flamingos
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 2
- School Notes: June 2
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle ordinance should be preserved (3)
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 2
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo