A 36-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for parking an operating vehicle after he left three small children unattended in the 2200 block of North 72nd Street about 7 p.m. Saturday.
A 1-year-old and 2-year-old twins were sleeping in an unlocked, running vehicle that had the keys in the ignition.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Shortly after officers arrived, the man came out to the truck from a nearby residence and told officers he did not see a potential problem.
"This is Wauwatosa. This ain't Fifth and Center," he said.
Officers warned him about the dangers of leaving items and people in a vehicle when there have been thefts and burglaries that have happened in the area.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Kids dig into nature at Camp Arrowhead
- I-94 closure 'smooth as could be'
- Residents seek ideas for changes at Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa honors first responders
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 10
- Menomonee River 14-year-old drowning victim identified
- Comb 'N Shear in Wauwatosa gives personalized service
- Ask Now: Will the city ever collect recyclables on a weekly basis?