A 36-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for parking an operating vehicle after he left three small children unattended in the 2200 block of North 72nd Street about 7 p.m. Saturday.
A 1-year-old and 2-year-old twins were sleeping in an unlocked, running vehicle that had the keys in the ignition.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Shortly after officers arrived, the man came out to the truck from a nearby residence and told officers he did not see a potential problem.
"This is Wauwatosa. This ain't Fifth and Center," he said.
Officers warned him about the dangers of leaving items and people in a vehicle when there have been thefts and burglaries that have happened in the area.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11
- Fat Tuesday: How Wauwatosa celebrated
- Wauwatosa George Webb employee tricked into giving away $1,000 (1)