A 36-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for parking an operating vehicle after he left three small children unattended in the 2200 block of North 72nd Street about 7 p.m. Saturday.
A 1-year-old and 2-year-old twins were sleeping in an unlocked, running vehicle that had the keys in the ignition.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Shortly after officers arrived, the man came out to the truck from a nearby residence and told officers he did not see a potential problem.
"This is Wauwatosa. This ain't Fifth and Center," he said.
Officers warned him about the dangers of leaving items and people in a vehicle when there have been thefts and burglaries that have happened in the area.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomo
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall (19)
- Our newspaper website is changing
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 28