A 36-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for parking an operating vehicle after he left three small children unattended in the 2200 block of North 72nd Street about 7 p.m. Saturday.
A 1-year-old and 2-year-old twins were sleeping in an unlocked, running vehicle that had the keys in the ignition.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Shortly after officers arrived, the man came out to the truck from a nearby residence and told officers he did not see a potential problem.
"This is Wauwatosa. This ain't Fifth and Center," he said.
Officers warned him about the dangers of leaving items and people in a vehicle when there have been thefts and burglaries that have happened in the area.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23