Wauwatosa - Scott Walker's former deputy chief of staff and six other Wauwatosa residents have applied to fill a vacant alderman position.
The deadline to file papers for the opening was 5 p.m. today.
The applicants are:
• Robert Brunow, the owner of a Lake Michigan cruise business who has run three times for alderman and once for mayor.
• Robert Dennik, a vice president at VJS Construction Services who formerly worked as Milwaukee County's economic development director and as deputy chief of staff to County Executive Scott Walker.
• Linda Flood, supervisor of a telephone sales team that sells medical and dental products.
• Michael Llanas, a sales manager.
• Tom Lutzow, president of Independent Health Care Plan Inc. and former vice president of the Milwaukee Center for Independence.
• Acquanitta Patterson-Harris, a paralegal and 2008 candidate for alderman.
• Jason Wilke, a landscape architect for the Waukesha County parks department and president of the Park Ridge Neighborhood Association.
A selection committee will do public interviews of the applicants, and the Common Council will choose one to replace the late Tom Treis.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings
- State Street Station in Wauwatosa Village gets preliminary approval
- DOT considering Mayfair Road expansion, acquisitions through Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Village businesses collect food donations for Tosa Cares
- Wauwatosa meetings: Jan. 22
- Wauwatosa West's We The People team advances to the National Finals in Washington, D.C.
- On the Move: Jan. 22
- In Our Schools: Jan. 22
- Ask Now: When will the work be done at Highway 100 and Capitol Drive?