An employee of Victoria's Secret at Mayfair Mall, 2500 N. Mayfair Road, was arrested for theft by fraud Feb. 13 for making $5,000 in false returns to support her new baby.
The 20-year-old Milwaukee woman used customer receipts to ring up false merchandise returns, then put the money on gift cards that she would sell for 80 percent of their value.
Management was tipped off when their gift card hotline got dozens of calls from the same phone number to check the balance on numerous cards between Dec. 10 and Jan. 10.
She was arrested after she returned from maternity leave. She told Wauwatosa Police that she was using the money to buy items for her baby. She also took $84 in lip gloss.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 23-29
- 10 Days in Tosa offers map to participating restaurants
- Large Wauwatosa oak tree cut down after storm damage
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas (1)
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?