A Milwaukee woman was arrested for child neglect after she abandoned her child at Aurora Psychiatric Hospital, 1220 Dewey Ave., on Friday.
Staff called police after they saw a 4-year-old girl wandering around the campus in below-freezing temperatures.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Report:
The woman picked up her daughter from school because she had been acting out. Because the girl has had ongoing behavioral problems, she brought her to the psychiatric hospital, where she was informed such issues were dealt with on an outpatient basis.
The woman was frustrated so she took off in her car as the child was left behind crying. She said she started having second thoughts so she drove around the block and waited for awhile, then drove back to where she left her daughter. But the girl was gone.
Instead of parking the car and going to look for her daughter, she drove home, then called the Milwaukee Police Department to report her child missing.
The girl and her 9-year-old brother were taken to the Bureau of Milwaukee Child Welfare.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's up with the building at 7954 Harwood Ave.?
- Wauwatosa Business Notes: Oct. 15
- Boy Scout brings bocce ball court to Hart Park in Wauwatosa
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Notes: Oct. 15
- Public Forum: Police officers deserve support and thanks
- Wauwatosa fall leaf collection in progress
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Oct. 15
- Wauwatosa's Friends of Center Street Park to hold Fall Fest Oct. 17
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Oct. 15
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Oct. 19