A Milwaukee woman was arrested for child neglect after she abandoned her child at Aurora Psychiatric Hospital, 1220 Dewey Ave., on Friday.
Staff called police after they saw a 4-year-old girl wandering around the campus in below-freezing temperatures.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Report:
The woman picked up her daughter from school because she had been acting out. Because the girl has had ongoing behavioral problems, she brought her to the psychiatric hospital, where she was informed such issues were dealt with on an outpatient basis.
The woman was frustrated so she took off in her car as the child was left behind crying. She said she started having second thoughts so she drove around the block and waited for awhile, then drove back to where she left her daughter. But the girl was gone.
Instead of parking the car and going to look for her daughter, she drove home, then called the Milwaukee Police Department to report her child missing.
The girl and her 9-year-old brother were taken to the Bureau of Milwaukee Child Welfare.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School