Wauwatosa Mayor Jill Didier wants to sell naming rights to sports facilities at Hart Park, which is set for a $4 million upgrade this year.
Her proposal will be discussed Tuesday by the Common Council's Community Development Committee.
In a memo, Didier says selling the rights will help the city financially and "create a sense of public ownership" in the upgrade, which includes expansion of the athletic field and tennis courts.
Didier said the city is researching how much money other communities have received for naming rights. She would not estimate how much the rights at Hart Park could be sold for.
The city hopes the park improvements, now in the design stage, will be done by fall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000
- Menomonee River Parkway opens for business