Wauwatosa Mayor Jill Didier wants to sell naming rights to sports facilities at Hart Park, which is set for a $4 million upgrade this year.
Her proposal will be discussed Tuesday by the Common Council's Community Development Committee.
In a memo, Didier says selling the rights will help the city financially and "create a sense of public ownership" in the upgrade, which includes expansion of the athletic field and tennis courts.
Didier said the city is researching how much money other communities have received for naming rights. She would not estimate how much the rights at Hart Park could be sold for.
The city hopes the park improvements, now in the design stage, will be done by fall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hawaiian grocery crowd-funds commercial kitchen
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances