Wauwatosa Mayor Jill Didier wants to sell naming rights to sports facilities at Hart Park, which is set for a $4 million upgrade this year.
Her proposal will be discussed Tuesday by the Common Council's Community Development Committee.
In a memo, Didier says selling the rights will help the city financially and "create a sense of public ownership" in the upgrade, which includes expansion of the athletic field and tennis courts.
Didier said the city is researching how much money other communities have received for naming rights. She would not estimate how much the rights at Hart Park could be sold for.
The city hopes the park improvements, now in the design stage, will be done by fall.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (2)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?