Wauwatosa Mayor Jill Didier wants to sell naming rights to sports facilities at Hart Park, which is set for a $4 million upgrade this year.
Her proposal will be discussed Tuesday by the Common Council's Community Development Committee.
In a memo, Didier says selling the rights will help the city financially and "create a sense of public ownership" in the upgrade, which includes expansion of the athletic field and tennis courts.
Didier said the city is researching how much money other communities have received for naming rights. She would not estimate how much the rights at Hart Park could be sold for.
The city hopes the park improvements, now in the design stage, will be done by fall.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23