Wauwatosa Mayor Jill Didier wants to sell naming rights to sports facilities at Hart Park, which is set for a $4 million upgrade this year.
Her proposal will be discussed Tuesday by the Common Council's Community Development Committee.
In a memo, Didier says selling the rights will help the city financially and "create a sense of public ownership" in the upgrade, which includes expansion of the athletic field and tennis courts.
Didier said the city is researching how much money other communities have received for naming rights. She would not estimate how much the rights at Hart Park could be sold for.
The city hopes the park improvements, now in the design stage, will be done by fall.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety