Wauwatosa Mayor Jill Didier wants to sell naming rights to sports facilities at Hart Park, which is set for a $4 million upgrade this year.
Her proposal will be discussed Tuesday by the Common Council's Community Development Committee.
In a memo, Didier says selling the rights will help the city financially and "create a sense of public ownership" in the upgrade, which includes expansion of the athletic field and tennis courts.
Didier said the city is researching how much money other communities have received for naming rights. She would not estimate how much the rights at Hart Park could be sold for.
The city hopes the park improvements, now in the design stage, will be done by fall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa's All-City Read well underway, more events to come
- Wauwatosa Revolving Loan Fund celebrates 25 years
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes two new lionesses
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 15
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound? (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4