Wauwatosa Mayor Jill Didier wants to sell naming rights to sports facilities at Hart Park, which is set for a $4 million upgrade this year.
Her proposal will be discussed Tuesday by the Common Council's Community Development Committee.
In a memo, Didier says selling the rights will help the city financially and "create a sense of public ownership" in the upgrade, which includes expansion of the athletic field and tennis courts.
Didier said the city is researching how much money other communities have received for naming rights. She would not estimate how much the rights at Hart Park could be sold for.
The city hopes the park improvements, now in the design stage, will be done by fall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade