Wauwatosa Mayor Jill Didier wants to sell naming rights to sports facilities at Hart Park, which is set for a $4 million upgrade this year.
Her proposal will be discussed Tuesday by the Common Council's Community Development Committee.
In a memo, Didier says selling the rights will help the city financially and "create a sense of public ownership" in the upgrade, which includes expansion of the athletic field and tennis courts.
Didier said the city is researching how much money other communities have received for naming rights. She would not estimate how much the rights at Hart Park could be sold for.
The city hopes the park improvements, now in the design stage, will be done by fall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: Why do the schools have to rent Hart Park facilities?
- World War II vets take flight
- School Briefs: April 17
- Police Report: April 8
- City says goodbye to 'Mr. Wauwatosa'
- Culinary competitions heat up Wauwatosa School District
- Whitman students advance to state contest
- News & Notes: April 10