Milwaukee County bus Route 21 had just left Mayfair Mall this afternoon when there came a slight delay in the travel: A pregnant passenger requested medical help after her water broke.
Wauwatosa paramedics responded to the scene just after 1:30 p.m. on the 2500 block of N. Mayfair Road, where the bus waited for about 20 minutes. Milwaukee County Transit System spokeswoman Jackie Janz said there were three people on board, and the bus was held while paramedics assisted the woman.
She was taken to a local hospital, according to the Wauwatosa Fire Department.
"No baby on the bus this time," Janz said.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (10)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes