Milwaukee County bus Route 21 had just left Mayfair Mall this afternoon when there came a slight delay in the travel: A pregnant passenger requested medical help after her water broke.
Wauwatosa paramedics responded to the scene just after 1:30 p.m. on the 2500 block of N. Mayfair Road, where the bus waited for about 20 minutes. Milwaukee County Transit System spokeswoman Jackie Janz said there were three people on board, and the bus was held while paramedics assisted the woman.
She was taken to a local hospital, according to the Wauwatosa Fire Department.
"No baby on the bus this time," Janz said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair