Milwaukee County bus Route 21 had just left Mayfair Mall this afternoon when there came a slight delay in the travel: A pregnant passenger requested medical help after her water broke.
Wauwatosa paramedics responded to the scene just after 1:30 p.m. on the 2500 block of N. Mayfair Road, where the bus waited for about 20 minutes. Milwaukee County Transit System spokeswoman Jackie Janz said there were three people on board, and the bus was held while paramedics assisted the woman.
She was taken to a local hospital, according to the Wauwatosa Fire Department.
"No baby on the bus this time," Janz said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa students hit same average ACT score as last year
- Wauwatosa health department addresses residents' 'excessive' drinking
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest; Aug. 21
- News and Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Construction underway on Hart Park Pavilion
- Wauwatosa pastor defends political speech in federal court case
- Band Blast Off gives beginner musicians a boost
- Terminated Wauwatosa firefighters still fighting for disability benefits
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words