Milwaukee County bus Route 21 had just left Mayfair Mall this afternoon when there came a slight delay in the travel: A pregnant passenger requested medical help after her water broke.
Wauwatosa paramedics responded to the scene just after 1:30 p.m. on the 2500 block of N. Mayfair Road, where the bus waited for about 20 minutes. Milwaukee County Transit System spokeswoman Jackie Janz said there were three people on board, and the bus was held while paramedics assisted the woman.
She was taken to a local hospital, according to the Wauwatosa Fire Department.
"No baby on the bus this time," Janz said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa