A 25-year-old man was in the Milwaukee County Jail Tuesday facing a potential prison sentence of up to 260 years for a string of armed robberies in Milwaukee, Glendale, West Allis and Wauwatosa, according to a criminal complaint.
According to the complaint, Devon L. Walker, of the 2900 block of N. 41st St. in Milwaukee, is charged with six counts of armed robbery, use of force, and two counts of recklessly endangering safety, use of a dangerous weapon.
According to the complaint filed Monday, the robberies were committed between Nov. 29 and Jan. 30.
Three of the robberies took place in Milwaukee: at Miss Groove Intimates, 1224 E. Brady St., on Nov. 29; at Sally's Beauty Supply, 544 E. Ogden St., on Dec. 21; and at GameStop, 104 W. Silver Spring Drive, on Jan. 30.
The three other robberies took place at two Radio Shack stores, 5520 N. Port Washington Road in Glendale on Dec. 23, and 6407 W. North Ave. in Wauwatosa on Dec. 30; and a Cricket cell phone store at 1405 S. 108th St., West Allis on Dec. 24.
A handgun was used in all of the robberies, and Walker is accused of firing the weapon during both Radio Shack robberies.
Two other robberies in Milwaukee that Walker was not charged with were read into the complaint. Those robberies were reported Dec. 26 at Simply Fashion, 8249 W. Brown Deer Road, on Dec. 26, and at Batteries Plus, 8377 N. 76th St. on Feb 1.
Each armed robbery count carries a maximum prison sentence of 40 years and each recklessly endangering safety count carries a maximum prison term of 10 years.
Walker was being held in the Milwaukee County Jail Tuesday with bail set at $150,000, according to online jail records.
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4