The Wauwatosa Police Department has received three more reports of wallets taken from women's purses while they were patronizing local restaurants.
On Feb. 8, a woman hung her purse over the back of her chair at Alterra, 9125 W. North Ave., between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. By 1:30 p.m., her credit card company had called to alert her of $500 in charges at Pick 'n Save.
Similarly, a woman noticed her wallet was missing after visiting the Cheesecake Factory, 2350 N. Mayfair Road, between 7:30 and 9 p.m. on Friday. She, too, had her purse hung over the back of her chair at the bar. Her husband recalled a man and two women standing directly behind them, watching as she took her wallet out to pay for their drinks.
Three people matching a similar description were spotted at Mo's Irish Pub, 10842 W. Bluemound Road, later that night. A woman had a purse at her feet and she noticed the man next to her tried to purchase drinks with two credit cards, both of which were declined. Later, she noticed her wallet missing and she received at call that her credit card had been used at Walgreens.
These are just the latest in a series of wallet snatchings from women's purses at area restaurants that have been occurring since late December.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa students hit same average ACT score as last year
- Wauwatosa health department addresses residents' 'excessive' drinking
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest; Aug. 21
- News and Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Construction underway on Hart Park Pavilion
- Wauwatosa pastor defends political speech in federal court case
- Band Blast Off gives beginner musicians a boost
- Terminated Wauwatosa firefighters still fighting for disability benefits
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words