Keep an eye on locker keys while working out at the gym.
In the past week, two men had their wallets and cell phones taken from lockers - one at the West Suburban YMCA, 2420 N. 124th St., and another at the Wisconsin Athletic Club, 8700 Watertown Plank Road.
At the Y, the member had given his locker key to the front desk clerk as a deposit for a basketball, but put the ball off to the side of the court when he got involved in a pick-up game on the morning of Feb. 9. When he returned for his ball, it was missing and Y staff told him it had already been returned, as had the key. When he checked his locker, the items were gone.
During the evening of Feb. 12, a man attached his key to a towel, which he put down while lifting weights. When he returned to his locker he noticed the key was gone along with his belongings. His debit card was used later that day to make $350 in purchases from GameStop.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- DA's office will not bring criminal charges against officers who shot and killed man with sword (1)
- Mayfair mall, Susan G. Komen host series of breast cancer events
- Wauwatosa schools celebrate Walk to School Day on Oct. 7
- Wauwatosa Fire Department earns accreditation, and is now more data-driven than ever
- A tour of homes with a flavor of architecture and history
- Wauwatosa West High School homecoming is student-run this year
- Tosa Farmers Market pushes for end-of-year attendance
- In brief: author chat, budget talks, spring election
- Wauwatosa School Board approves superintendent's new contract, salary
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Oct. 1