Keep an eye on locker keys while working out at the gym.
In the past week, two men had their wallets and cell phones taken from lockers - one at the West Suburban YMCA, 2420 N. 124th St., and another at the Wisconsin Athletic Club, 8700 Watertown Plank Road.
At the Y, the member had given his locker key to the front desk clerk as a deposit for a basketball, but put the ball off to the side of the court when he got involved in a pick-up game on the morning of Feb. 9. When he returned for his ball, it was missing and Y staff told him it had already been returned, as had the key. When he checked his locker, the items were gone.
During the evening of Feb. 12, a man attached his key to a towel, which he put down while lifting weights. When he returned to his locker he noticed the key was gone along with his belongings. His debit card was used later that day to make $350 in purchases from GameStop.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting
- Thai-namite plans new location in Wauwatosa's former City Market building
- Business Notes: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the apartments under construction on North Avenue so close to the street?
- Wauwatosa police say woman was dragged across parking lot in purse robbery (2)
- Thirsty Duck brings duckpin bowling to Wauwatosa (1)
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 2
- Gov. Scott Walker attends Wauwatosa bike race weeks before expected presidential run announcement (5)
- Kate Spade New York store to open at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa Meetings: July 2