Keep an eye on locker keys while working out at the gym.
In the past week, two men had their wallets and cell phones taken from lockers - one at the West Suburban YMCA, 2420 N. 124th St., and another at the Wisconsin Athletic Club, 8700 Watertown Plank Road.
At the Y, the member had given his locker key to the front desk clerk as a deposit for a basketball, but put the ball off to the side of the court when he got involved in a pick-up game on the morning of Feb. 9. When he returned for his ball, it was missing and Y staff told him it had already been returned, as had the key. When he checked his locker, the items were gone.
During the evening of Feb. 12, a man attached his key to a towel, which he put down while lifting weights. When he returned to his locker he noticed the key was gone along with his belongings. His debit card was used later that day to make $350 in purchases from GameStop.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (2)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa