A Wauwatosa East High School student was arrested for disorderly conduct after she refused to stop texting on her cell phone during class Wednesday.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The 14-year-old girl had been texting on her phone. The teacher tried to take away the phone but the girl would not hand it over.
A school resource officer was called in, but the girl denied owning a cell phone or bringing one to school. A search showed she had hidden the phone in her pants, which the girl thought was funny.
She was arrested for disrupting class, not complying with the teacher's demands and lying to the officer. She was also suspended from school for a week.
The following two days, she was cited for trespassing, after she was found hiding out in the women's bathroom waiting for friends.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Athleta coming to Mayfair
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves