A Wauwatosa East High School student was arrested for disorderly conduct after she refused to stop texting on her cell phone during class Wednesday.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The 14-year-old girl had been texting on her phone. The teacher tried to take away the phone but the girl would not hand it over.
A school resource officer was called in, but the girl denied owning a cell phone or bringing one to school. A search showed she had hidden the phone in her pants, which the girl thought was funny.
She was arrested for disrupting class, not complying with the teacher's demands and lying to the officer. She was also suspended from school for a week.
The following two days, she was cited for trespassing, after she was found hiding out in the women's bathroom waiting for friends.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new science requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator sobers distracted drivers
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31
- Wauwatosa's Firefly Art Fair a natural landscape of beauty