A Wauwatosa East High School student was arrested for disorderly conduct after she refused to stop texting on her cell phone during class Wednesday.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The 14-year-old girl had been texting on her phone. The teacher tried to take away the phone but the girl would not hand it over.
A school resource officer was called in, but the girl denied owning a cell phone or bringing one to school. A search showed she had hidden the phone in her pants, which the girl thought was funny.
She was arrested for disrupting class, not complying with the teacher's demands and lying to the officer. She was also suspended from school for a week.
The following two days, she was cited for trespassing, after she was found hiding out in the women's bathroom waiting for friends.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fattoni's on North Avenue shuts down
- Matt Stippich will bring leadership skills, passion to council post
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program