A 15-year-old Milwaukee girl was arrested for vehicle theft at North 67th Street and Vista Avenue at 12:25 p.m. Wednesday.
Officers saw her driving with the windows down during a rain storm because the car's wipers did not work.
She lost control of the vehicles, hopped the curb and struck a parking sign. She turned out to be a runaway who had left her parents' home three weeks ago.
She said she took the vehicle from the man who had put her up at a Milwaukee hotel.
The girl was turned over to the Bureau of Child Welfare after she said her parents had been making her buy drugs for them and were beating her.
Records show her mother had been arrested for child abuse in the past.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?