A 15-year-old Milwaukee girl was arrested for vehicle theft at North 67th Street and Vista Avenue at 12:25 p.m. Wednesday.
Officers saw her driving with the windows down during a rain storm because the car's wipers did not work.
She lost control of the vehicles, hopped the curb and struck a parking sign. She turned out to be a runaway who had left her parents' home three weeks ago.
She said she took the vehicle from the man who had put her up at a Milwaukee hotel.
The girl was turned over to the Bureau of Child Welfare after she said her parents had been making her buy drugs for them and were beating her.
Records show her mother had been arrested for child abuse in the past.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum