A 15-year-old Milwaukee girl was arrested for vehicle theft at North 67th Street and Vista Avenue at 12:25 p.m. Wednesday.
Officers saw her driving with the windows down during a rain storm because the car's wipers did not work.
She lost control of the vehicles, hopped the curb and struck a parking sign. She turned out to be a runaway who had left her parents' home three weeks ago.
She said she took the vehicle from the man who had put her up at a Milwaukee hotel.
The girl was turned over to the Bureau of Child Welfare after she said her parents had been making her buy drugs for them and were beating her.
Records show her mother had been arrested for child abuse in the past.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police concealing more information due to federal court ruling
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- City needs to fund senior center if it has hopes of a future
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word