A 15-year-old Milwaukee girl was arrested for vehicle theft at North 67th Street and Vista Avenue at 12:25 p.m. Wednesday.
Officers saw her driving with the windows down during a rain storm because the car's wipers did not work.
She lost control of the vehicles, hopped the curb and struck a parking sign. She turned out to be a runaway who had left her parents' home three weeks ago.
She said she took the vehicle from the man who had put her up at a Milwaukee hotel.
The girl was turned over to the Bureau of Child Welfare after she said her parents had been making her buy drugs for them and were beating her.
Records show her mother had been arrested for child abuse in the past.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Former Wauwatosa priest pleads not guilty to embezzlement charges
- New principal at Lincoln Elementary vows to help students find their 'spark'
- Weekly Planner: Aug. 28