A 52-year-old Milwaukee man who allegedly shoplifted seven times from Metcalf's Sentry Foods has been charged with misdemeanor theft.
According to police:
On Feb. 8, Gerald Stewart filled a cart with $115 in meat products before wheeling it into a different aisle and stuffing the merchandise into empty bags he had brought into the store.
He exited without paying and walked away from security staff when they approached him.
Stewart told officers he took food because he was unable to work and had to care for his mother.
According to store surveillance video, he had been taking items since Jan. 19.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new math requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drivers
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31