A 52-year-old Milwaukee man who allegedly shoplifted seven times from Metcalf's Sentry Foods has been charged with misdemeanor theft.
According to police:
On Feb. 8, Gerald Stewart filled a cart with $115 in meat products before wheeling it into a different aisle and stuffing the merchandise into empty bags he had brought into the store.
He exited without paying and walked away from security staff when they approached him.
Stewart told officers he took food because he was unable to work and had to care for his mother.
According to store surveillance video, he had been taking items since Jan. 19.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: March 13
- School Board opposes Senate legislation
- Ask NOW: Do Tosa students spend more days in school than required?
- Fattoni's on North Avenue shuts down
- Matt Stippich will bring leadership skills, passion to council post
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?