A 52-year-old Milwaukee man who allegedly shoplifted seven times from Metcalf's Sentry Foods has been charged with misdemeanor theft.
According to police:
On Feb. 8, Gerald Stewart filled a cart with $115 in meat products before wheeling it into a different aisle and stuffing the merchandise into empty bags he had brought into the store.
He exited without paying and walked away from security staff when they approached him.
Stewart told officers he took food because he was unable to work and had to care for his mother.
According to store surveillance video, he had been taking items since Jan. 19.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa's All-City Read well underway, more events to come
- Wauwatosa Revolving Loan Fund celebrates 25 years
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes two new lionesses
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 15
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound? (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4