A 52-year-old Milwaukee man who allegedly shoplifted seven times from Metcalf's Sentry Foods has been charged with misdemeanor theft.
According to police:
On Feb. 8, Gerald Stewart filled a cart with $115 in meat products before wheeling it into a different aisle and stuffing the merchandise into empty bags he had brought into the store.
He exited without paying and walked away from security staff when they approached him.
Stewart told officers he took food because he was unable to work and had to care for his mother.
According to store surveillance video, he had been taking items since Jan. 19.
- Wauwatosa alderman calls '79 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 26
- Transit officials: proposed BRT system could attract thousands of new riders
- Wauwatosa Business Notes: May 26
- Wauwatosa officer rescues seven ducklings trapped in storm sewer