A 52-year-old Milwaukee man who allegedly shoplifted seven times from Metcalf's Sentry Foods has been charged with misdemeanor theft.
According to police:
On Feb. 8, Gerald Stewart filled a cart with $115 in meat products before wheeling it into a different aisle and stuffing the merchandise into empty bags he had brought into the store.
He exited without paying and walked away from security staff when they approached him.
Stewart told officers he took food because he was unable to work and had to care for his mother.
According to store surveillance video, he had been taking items since Jan. 19.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa