Wauwatosa Police have arrested two men who may have been responsible for numerous home burglaries that have occurred within the city during the past couple of months.
Two Milwaukee men, ages 45 and 47, were arrested for burglary and violating parole, after they were stopped for a traffic violation in the 6500 block of West North Avenue about 6 p.m. Friday. While speaking with the men, officers received a report of a burglary in the 1800 block of North 73rd Street of coins the men had in their vehicle.
The older man said he worked as a mentor for troubled youth, but both men were found to have extensive rap sheets.
Numerous other items, including camera and computer equipment, crystal ornaments and a vaccuum were later found in the vehicle’s trunk. Some of those items belonged to homeowners who had reported burglaries in January and February. The men’s shoes also matched footprints found at the scene of a Jan. 14 burglary.
The men are in the Criminal Justice Facility and have been referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa firefighters captured on video battling car flames
- German retailer VOM FASS opens at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa man involved in fatal Dane County crash
- Wauwatosa Holiday Happenings 2015
- Stone Creek Coffee looks to open Harwood Avenue location in Tosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options