A 20-year-old Waukesha woman suspected of at least nine retail thefts by fraud from Macy’s at Mayfair Mall, 2500 N. Mayfair Mall, was apprehended Friday.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
At 5:35 p.m., she took a coat off the rack and brought it the service counter as a return. She used the $328 credit to purchase other merchandise from the store.
Security had been watching her because they had suspected her of previous incidents of fraud in the past six months but did not have enough evidence to make an arrest. She was also wanted for theft at the Rockford, Ill., Macy’s store.
She was referred to the Milwaukee County district attorney’s office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum