A 20-year-old Waukesha woman suspected of at least nine retail thefts by fraud from Macy’s at Mayfair Mall, 2500 N. Mayfair Mall, was apprehended Friday.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
At 5:35 p.m., she took a coat off the rack and brought it the service counter as a return. She used the $328 credit to purchase other merchandise from the store.
Security had been watching her because they had suspected her of previous incidents of fraud in the past six months but did not have enough evidence to make an arrest. She was also wanted for theft at the Rockford, Ill., Macy’s store.
She was referred to the Milwaukee County district attorney’s office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands