A 20-year-old Waukesha woman suspected of at least nine retail thefts by fraud from Macy’s at Mayfair Mall, 2500 N. Mayfair Mall, was apprehended Friday.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
At 5:35 p.m., she took a coat off the rack and brought it the service counter as a return. She used the $328 credit to purchase other merchandise from the store.
Security had been watching her because they had suspected her of previous incidents of fraud in the past six months but did not have enough evidence to make an arrest. She was also wanted for theft at the Rockford, Ill., Macy’s store.
She was referred to the Milwaukee County district attorney’s office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound?
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 8
- Video: Wauwatosa man makes 'miracle' recovery after dying for 8 minutes (2)
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Council mistaken in not funding Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa officials could soon participate in meetings via computer
- Work at State Street Station in Wauwatosa has neighbors rattled (5)
- Wauwatosa students win dozens of awards from Alliance for Young Artists & Writers