A 20-year-old Waukesha woman suspected of at least nine retail thefts by fraud from Macy’s at Mayfair Mall, 2500 N. Mayfair Mall, was apprehended Friday.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
At 5:35 p.m., she took a coat off the rack and brought it the service counter as a return. She used the $328 credit to purchase other merchandise from the store.
Security had been watching her because they had suspected her of previous incidents of fraud in the past six months but did not have enough evidence to make an arrest. She was also wanted for theft at the Rockford, Ill., Macy’s store.
She was referred to the Milwaukee County district attorney’s office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Not just a class, but an adventure
- Decision on Mayfair apartment proposal delayed by Wauwatosa plan panel
- Ask NOW: Why all the yellow flags on Wisconsin Avenue in Wauwatosa?
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Plumber dragged as he tries to stop tool thieves outside Wauwatosa Home Depot
- Man arrested for exposing himself to woman in Wauwatosa
- Police Report: Dec. 11
- Wauwatosa schedules North Avenue repaving project for summer
- Wauwatosa presents new teacher pay plan
- Wauwatosa School Board honors 11 staff employees for exemplary service