Residents who recall fond memories of watching fireworks at Hart Park and the Independence Day parade on North Avenue can help create those same experiences for others in Wauwatosa.
Wauwatosa's Civic Celebration Commission is seeking new members to help organize Memorial Day and Fourth of July activities within the city.
The commission, a group of local volunteers, next meets Thursday, Feb. 22, at City Hall, 7725 W. North Ave.
For information, call the special events hotline at (414) 479-8988.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills
- News & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015
- Ask Now: Why are Roosevelt and McKinley elementary schools so similar?
- Two businesses in same building burglarized
- Wauwatosa Montessori students practice mind-body awareness with help from Growing Minds program
- Exercising eminent domain, Wauwatosa seeks warehouse property for school drop-off site
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Therapist finds himself enriched by a life shaped by transitions
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course