One Wauwatosa village store will pay tribute to two others that have shuttered their doors in the last year.
The Little Read Book has added stationary and note cards, pens, new greeting card lines and more to serve the customers who previously shopped at Paper Perfect.
Toys, gift items and a new jewelry line are among the new additions to the book shop's inventory to draw some of those patrons who shopped Drew's Variety & Craft.
At a time when retailers are struggling, Little Read Book owner Linda Burg is trying some new strategies and keeping a positive outlook.
Some of the people who previously shopped the area's Harry Schwartz Bookshops have been making their way to Little Read Book and Burg said traffic to neighboring the proposed Cafe Hollander could bolster her store's sales.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?