One Wauwatosa village store will pay tribute to two others that have shuttered their doors in the last year.
The Little Read Book has added stationary and note cards, pens, new greeting card lines and more to serve the customers who previously shopped at Paper Perfect.
Toys, gift items and a new jewelry line are among the new additions to the book shop's inventory to draw some of those patrons who shopped Drew's Variety & Craft.
At a time when retailers are struggling, Little Read Book owner Linda Burg is trying some new strategies and keeping a positive outlook.
Some of the people who previously shopped the area's Harry Schwartz Bookshops have been making their way to Little Read Book and Burg said traffic to neighboring the proposed Cafe Hollander could bolster her store's sales.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Not just a class, but an adventure
- Decision on Mayfair apartment proposal delayed by Wauwatosa plan panel
- Ask NOW: Why all the yellow flags on Wisconsin Avenue in Wauwatosa?
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Plumber dragged as he tries to stop tool thieves outside Wauwatosa Home Depot
- Man arrested for exposing himself to woman in Wauwatosa
- Police Report: Dec. 11
- Wauwatosa schedules North Avenue repaving project for summer
- Wauwatosa presents new teacher pay plan
- Wauwatosa School Board honors 11 staff employees for exemplary service