One Wauwatosa village store will pay tribute to two others that have shuttered their doors in the last year.
The Little Read Book has added stationary and note cards, pens, new greeting card lines and more to serve the customers who previously shopped at Paper Perfect.
Toys, gift items and a new jewelry line are among the new additions to the book shop's inventory to draw some of those patrons who shopped Drew's Variety & Craft.
At a time when retailers are struggling, Little Read Book owner Linda Burg is trying some new strategies and keeping a positive outlook.
Some of the people who previously shopped the area's Harry Schwartz Bookshops have been making their way to Little Read Book and Burg said traffic to neighboring the proposed Cafe Hollander could bolster her store's sales.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Valentine business partners found coffee kept calling them back
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: March 5
- Public Forum: Women's rights, abortion rights, are not respected
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: March 5
- Dry cleaner seeks expansion into old City Market in Wauwatosa
- Twirly Birds vintage store plans return to Wauwatosa
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships