One Wauwatosa village store will pay tribute to two others that have shuttered their doors in the last year.
The Little Read Book has added stationary and note cards, pens, new greeting card lines and more to serve the customers who previously shopped at Paper Perfect.
Toys, gift items and a new jewelry line are among the new additions to the book shop's inventory to draw some of those patrons who shopped Drew's Variety & Craft.
At a time when retailers are struggling, Little Read Book owner Linda Burg is trying some new strategies and keeping a positive outlook.
Some of the people who previously shopped the area's Harry Schwartz Bookshops have been making their way to Little Read Book and Burg said traffic to neighboring the proposed Cafe Hollander could bolster her store's sales.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23