A man was arrested by Wauwatosa police for alleged heroin possession, bail jumping and possession of drug paraphernalia at Best Buy, 2421 N. Mayfair Road, after employees reported him stumbling and acting suspiciously at 1:30 p.m, Aug. 9.
According to the police report, "It was apparent that he was under the influence of something as he was not only sweaty, but appeared to be frantic and was twitching quite a bit."
The man, who cannot be identified due to a Wauwatosa Police Department redacting policy, had been purchasing Visa Gift cards and Vitamin Water at Best Buy with a female friend who had joined him at the store. According to the police report, the two "always come in and buy Visa Gift cards" using a Best Buy credit card.
The man said in a statement that he uses Visa Gift cards to purchase heroin from a drug dealer that gives him and his friend $100 worth of heroin for $150 in gift cards.
The man has had prior arrests for possession of narcotics and drug paraphernalia. He also has three open cases in Waukesha, Fond Du Lac and Washington counties. He was under orders to maintain sobriety and not be in possession of narcotics without a prescription.
An officer from the Wauwatosa Police Department could not be reached to comment on arrests related to heroin possession in Wauwatosa.
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4