A man was arrested by Wauwatosa police for alleged heroin possession, bail jumping and possession of drug paraphernalia at Best Buy, 2421 N. Mayfair Road, after employees reported him stumbling and acting suspiciously at 1:30 p.m, Aug. 9.
According to the police report, "It was apparent that he was under the influence of something as he was not only sweaty, but appeared to be frantic and was twitching quite a bit."
The man, who cannot be identified due to a Wauwatosa Police Department redacting policy, had been purchasing Visa Gift cards and Vitamin Water at Best Buy with a female friend who had joined him at the store. According to the police report, the two "always come in and buy Visa Gift cards" using a Best Buy credit card.
The man said in a statement that he uses Visa Gift cards to purchase heroin from a drug dealer that gives him and his friend $100 worth of heroin for $150 in gift cards.
The man has had prior arrests for possession of narcotics and drug paraphernalia. He also has three open cases in Waukesha, Fond Du Lac and Washington counties. He was under orders to maintain sobriety and not be in possession of narcotics without a prescription.
An officer from the Wauwatosa Police Department could not be reached to comment on arrests related to heroin possession in Wauwatosa.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings
- State Street Station in Wauwatosa Village gets preliminary approval
- DOT considering Mayfair Road expansion, acquisitions through Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Village businesses collect food donations for Tosa Cares
- Wauwatosa meetings: Jan. 22
- Wauwatosa West's We The People team advances to the National Finals in Washington, D.C.
- On the Move: Jan. 22