Open Hearth Restaurant apparently closed
The Open Hearth Restaurant, an eatery located near Bowlero Lanes bowling alley, appears to have closed after more than 38 years in business.
The Open Hearth, 2930 N. 117th St., was best known for its dining room fireplace, "in-wood" prime grilled meats and seafood, as well as authentic German entrées. The restaurant hosted live entertainment, weekly fish fries and offered its private dinings rooms and lounge for events and celebrations.
A proprietor could not be reached to discuss the cause of closing, or the future of the property. Attempts to reach the landlord were not successful. A patron said he was told the restaurant would be closing.
World of Beer
moves up opening
The World of Beer's tentative public opening is now Monday, Aug. 25, according to the Wauwatosa Chamber of Commerce.
World of Beer plans to open at 418 N. Mayfair Road in Wauwatosa, just two storefronts away from Qdoba. Its original location is on East Brady Street.
The drinkery claims to offer 500 beers from 40 countries in cans and bottles.
Irish Fest this weekend
at Summerfest grounds
Milwaukee Irish Fest, which is headquartered at 1532 Wauwatosa Ave., is running Aug. 14-17 at the Summerfest grounds.
In addition to musical acts, there will be dance lessons, shopping, refreshments and games. For admission prices and more, see irishfest.com.
Village businesses celebrate Diva Day Aug. 20
More than 20 Village businesses will offer specials and prizes for Diva Day Aug. 20.
To participate, check in at the party room at Yo Mama's, 1349 N. Wauwatosa Ave. to get a Diva Pass and map of businesses. Bring your pass to participating stores to get hole-punches, which will enter you in a drawing for prizes at Arte Wine & Painting Studio, 1442 Underwood Ave. Turn your punch card in at Arte between 2 and 7 p.m. to be entered in the 7:30 p.m. drawing.
Arte will also have a game of Diva Pong, involving bras and ping pong balls, with T-shirt prizes. Other stores will have themed specials like Leff's Lucky Town's "Diva's Delight" cocktail, and a Fifty Shades of Grey Party at Firefly Urban Bar.
Find the latest Diva Day information at Facebook.com/TosaVillage.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa elementary schools 'rich' with world language study
- Carmelite Home for Boys in Wauwatosa makes lasting impressions on local boys' lives
- Wauwatosa City Administrator Archambo gives an update on city's strategic plan
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality