Wauwatosa residents are invited to vote in several primary elections Aug. 12. The polling locations will be the same as they were for the April election.
In addition to statewide primaries for national and state positions like those held by U.S. Rep. James Sensenbrenner and Gov. Scott Walker, there are several local races.
Republican State Sen. Leah Vukmir, who represents most of Wauwatosa in district 5, is up for election but is not contested in the Republican primary. There are no Democrats running for the position.
Democrat State Rep. Frederick Kessler and Republican State Reps. Dale Kooyenga and Robb Hutton are also up for election. They are not contested in their primaries, nor by candidates of the opposite parties.
To see a sample ballot and find your polling location, visit myvote.wi.gov.
Polling locations follow.
·Ward 1: Firestation, 1601 Underwood Ave.
·Wards 2-3: Wauwatosa Women's Club, 1626 Wauwatosa Ave.
·Wards 4-5: City Hall, lower level, 7725 W. North Ave.
·Wards 6-7: Wilson School, 1060 N. Glenview Ave.
·Wards 8-9: Underwood School, 11132 W. Potter Road
·Ward 10: Hart Park Recreation Building, 7300 W. Chestnut St.
·Wards 11-12: Jefferson School, 6927 Maple Terrace
·Ward 13: Wauwatosa Library, Firefly Room, 7635 W. North Ave.
·Wards 14-15: Roosevelt School, 2534 N. 74th St.
·Wards 16-17: McKinley School, 2434 N. 90th St.
·Wards 18-19: West High School, 11400 W. Center St.
·Ward 20: Public Works Building, 11100 W. Walnut Road
·Ward 21: Underwood School, 11132 W. Potter Road
·Ward 22: Currie Park Club House, 3535 N. Mayfair Road
·Wards 23-24: Madison School, 9925 W. Glendale Ave.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 11
- In brief: groundbreaking, Jersey Mike's, skate park
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 28
- News and Notes: May 7
- In Brief: April 16
- In Brief: April 9
- Wauwatosa News & Notes: March 26
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- News & Notes: Feb. 26
- News & Notes: Feb. 19
- News & Notes: Feb. 12
- News & Notes: Feb. 5, 2015
- News & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa school district adds computer science course
- Wauwatosa changes road-salting strategy to save thousands of dollars
- News & Notes: Dec. 25
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- In Brief: City Market closes North Avenue location