Hawaiian grocery store, deli and caterer One Kine Grindz is hoping to raise $35,000 from friends and fans online to install a commercial kitchen at their Wauwatosa storefront, which would allow them to continue serving prepared foods for take-out and catering.
On their recently launched GoFundMe page, they ask customers to help them meet state code requirements for a commercial kitchen, including a hood vent, stove, oven, indoor grill, and fire suppression system.
"This has proven to be a much larger and more costly proposition than we can handle ourselves," the description reads. "So we are reaching out in the hopes that you might donate what ever you can to help us get a kitchen built (no amount to small)."
The effort had a dozen backers Monday afternoon in amounts ranging from $10 to $100, together totaling $535.
One Kine Grindz opened in 2010 at 7215 W North Ave. in Wauwatosa, expanding over the years from selling groceries to catering and serving meals inside and on its patio.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series