Hawaiian grocery store, deli and caterer One Kine Grindz is hoping to raise $35,000 from friends and fans online to install a commercial kitchen at their Wauwatosa storefront, which would allow them to continue serving prepared foods for take-out and catering.
On their recently launched GoFundMe page, they ask customers to help them meet state code requirements for a commercial kitchen, including a hood vent, stove, oven, indoor grill, and fire suppression system.
"This has proven to be a much larger and more costly proposition than we can handle ourselves," the description reads. "So we are reaching out in the hopes that you might donate what ever you can to help us get a kitchen built (no amount to small)."
The effort had a dozen backers Monday afternoon in amounts ranging from $10 to $100, together totaling $535.
One Kine Grindz opened in 2010 at 7215 W North Ave. in Wauwatosa, expanding over the years from selling groceries to catering and serving meals inside and on its patio.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting