Hawaiian grocery store, deli and caterer One Kine Grindz is hoping to raise $35,000 from friends and fans online to install a commercial kitchen at their Wauwatosa storefront, which would allow them to continue serving prepared foods for take-out and catering.
On their recently launched GoFundMe page, they ask customers to help them meet state code requirements for a commercial kitchen, including a hood vent, stove, oven, indoor grill, and fire suppression system.
"This has proven to be a much larger and more costly proposition than we can handle ourselves," the description reads. "So we are reaching out in the hopes that you might donate what ever you can to help us get a kitchen built (no amount to small)."
The effort had a dozen backers Monday afternoon in amounts ranging from $10 to $100, together totaling $535.
One Kine Grindz opened in 2010 at 7215 W North Ave. in Wauwatosa, expanding over the years from selling groceries to catering and serving meals inside and on its patio.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Valentine business partners found coffee kept calling them back
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: March 5
- Public Forum: Women's rights, abortion rights, are not respected
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: March 5
- Dry cleaner seeks expansion into old City Market in Wauwatosa
- Twirly Birds vintage store plans return to Wauwatosa
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships