Hawaiian grocery store, deli and caterer One Kine Grindz is hoping to raise $35,000 from friends and fans online to install a commercial kitchen at their Wauwatosa storefront, which would allow them to continue serving prepared foods for take-out and catering.
On their recently launched GoFundMe page, they ask customers to help them meet state code requirements for a commercial kitchen, including a hood vent, stove, oven, indoor grill, and fire suppression system.
"This has proven to be a much larger and more costly proposition than we can handle ourselves," the description reads. "So we are reaching out in the hopes that you might donate what ever you can to help us get a kitchen built (no amount to small)."
The effort had a dozen backers Monday afternoon in amounts ranging from $10 to $100, together totaling $535.
One Kine Grindz opened in 2010 at 7215 W North Ave. in Wauwatosa, expanding over the years from selling groceries to catering and serving meals inside and on its patio.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?