Van Sang Vanmauipial of Milwaukee, has been identified as the 14-year-old boy who drowned in the Menomonee River in Hoyt Park Saturday, July 19, according to the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department.
Vanmauipial had been swimming in the river with his friends when he did not resurface about 3 p.m. Medical personnel tried to revive him before he was taken to the Children's Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The Wauwatosa Police Department did not have additional information related to this case. The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department has taken over the investigation, according to Lt. Christopher Fox, of the Wauwatosa police.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is construction on Mayfair Road taking so long?
- Pedestrian killed in crash at Bluemound and Mayfair roads
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 25
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa's Fair Trade is a retail shop in the 'helping people' sector
- Business Notes: Sept. 25
- In Our Schools: Sept. 25
- Correction: Volume of water possibly held by basins is 315 million gallons
- Cheveux brings fresh style to Wauwatosa's salon market
- Woman arrested in Wauwatosa for assault after allegedly punching a juvenile
- Five-story apartment complex proposed for Wauwatosa Village