Van Sang Vanmauipial of Milwaukee, has been identified as the 14-year-old boy who drowned in the Menomonee River in Hoyt Park Saturday, July 19, according to the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department.
Vanmauipial had been swimming in the river with his friends when he did not resurface about 3 p.m. Medical personnel tried to revive him before he was taken to the Children's Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The Wauwatosa Police Department did not have additional information related to this case. The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department has taken over the investigation, according to Lt. Christopher Fox, of the Wauwatosa police.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police report 200 percent increase in vehicle thefts
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park (1)
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11