Van Sang Vanmauipial of Milwaukee, has been identified as the 14-year-old boy who drowned in the Menomonee River in Hoyt Park Saturday, July 19, according to the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department.
Vanmauipial had been swimming in the river with his friends when he did not resurface about 3 p.m. Medical personnel tried to revive him before he was taken to the Children's Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The Wauwatosa Police Department did not have additional information related to this case. The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department has taken over the investigation, according to Lt. Christopher Fox, of the Wauwatosa police.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- DA's office will not bring criminal charges against officers who shot and killed man with sword (1)
- Mayfair mall, Susan G. Komen host series of breast cancer events
- Wauwatosa schools celebrate Walk to School Day on Oct. 7
- Wauwatosa Fire Department earns accreditation, and is now more data-driven than ever
- A tour of homes with a flavor of architecture and history
- Wauwatosa West High School homecoming is student-run this year
- Tosa Farmers Market pushes for end-of-year attendance
- In brief: author chat, budget talks, spring election
- Wauwatosa School Board approves superintendent's new contract, salary
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Oct. 1