Kay Bridal Shop closes; plans for space unknown
Kay Bridal shop recently hung a sign in their window announcing their closure: "Kay Bridal Shop is now closed for business. It was our pleasure to be of assistance to our brides over the past 7 1/2 years."
Alderman Joel Tilleson, whose district includes the shop, at 7237 W. North Ave., said he wasn't aware of future plans for the space.
"If the owner doesn't have plans in mind for that space, we're happy to work with her to pair her up with a desirable tenant," Tilleson said.
Shop co-owner Lisa Randazzo-Clark did not respond to an interview in time for deadline.
Camp Bar expected to open soon
Camp Bar, which has a location in Shorewood and is planning to open in Wauwatosa this September, announced July 17 that its walls are up at 6600 W. North Ave. The old building on the site was demolished earlier this month.
The Reef apartments plan groundbreaking
Wangard Partners plans to break ground on The Reef apartments Aug. 5 at 1215 N. 62nd St.
Construction is anticipated to be complete next October.
The 9.4-acre apartment complex, adjacent to the Schoonmaker Reef, north of the Grede Foundry on State Street, will include a total of 180 units in four two-story buildings and two four-story buildings. There will also be a clubhouse, pool, fitness center, dog park and picnic area.
The Schoonmaker Reef will be preserved and enclosed, and will be available for study by school groups and scientists who request access.
Remediation work is under way done at the site, which is contaminated with lead, hydraulic oils, chlorinated solvents and petroleum. The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation recently approved a $700,000 grant to help with the clean-up, and the city is giving $1.1 million to the project through tax-incremental financing.
As planned, a groundbreaking ceremony at 3 p.m. Aug. 5 will feature speakers from Wangard Partners, the WEDC, and Wauwatosa Mayor Kathleen Ehley.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Local developer sees opportunity for rebuild of Wauwatosa library, city hall
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?