A vacant building near Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street will be demolished to make way for a La-Z-Boy showroom, under plans submitted to the city by ICAP Development.
"We think the way we have this designed, it's going to be a catalytic development for that corner, which has needed a little lipstick on it for awhile," ICAP Development partner Brian Adamson said.
ICAP will be reducing the footprint of the building, at 10830 W. Burleigh St., to 13,400 square feet. That will increase the percentage of green space on the property from about 5 percent to more than 20 percent.
Adamson said the showroom's focus will be helping customers redesign entire homes with complete sets of furniture.
"This furniture gallery is more like a design center for entire homes," Adamson said. "Wauwatosa, with the great demographic it has, is an outstanding location for a large design center like this."
Adamson said demolition and construction are planned to begin this summer with the hope of opening for the holiday season. ICAP will lease the building to La-Z-Boy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair
- First Responders Fest "humbling" for Wauwatosa's emergency crew leaders