Corner Bakery Cafe, which has locations in Illinois as well as throughout the country, plans to open its first Wisconsin store at the Mayfair Collection in Wauwatosa later this year.
The 4,000-square-foot café will be near the entrance to the shopping center at Burleigh and 114th streets. Construction will begin in the next few weeks.
"We couldn't be more thrilled that Corner Bakery Cafe has chosen The Mayfair Collection as the place to introduce its brand to the state of Wisconsin," said developer Tim Blum in a press release. "Though it took a little patience, we believe that we have found the best possible café and coffee shop for our customers and future residents to enjoy."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options