Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
How will Mayfair accommodate parking with its expansion?
Issue: A reader is concerned with the mall expanding without additional parking. "I always thought there had to be so many parking spaces available per shop or business area," she wrote. "Mayfair is crowded as is. Are there parking structures being planned?
Status: Yes, an additional parking structure with 661 spaces is planned. The structure will be open near Boston Store on the mall's east side by the 2014 holiday season, ahead of Mayfair's retail expansion this year and next.
Development Director Paulette Enders said the city's parking requirements include different minimums depending on the business district. She did not specify Mayfair's requirement.
"They will be in compliance," Enders said.
The parking expansion is required because Mayfair is adding additional retail space. General Manager Steve Smith said The Container Store is expected to open early summer 2015 in a separate building at 104th Street and North Avenue, followed by Nordstrom as part of the mall building near Boston Store later that year.
The parking structure, he said, will include direct access to both mall levels.
Mayfair will name at least one other major retailer at a later date, Smith said.
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can homeowners dispute sidewalk replacement decisions?
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park?
- Ask Now: Who's responsible for the corner east of Mo's Irish Pub?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are there plans to improve the traffic signals at 68th and Wells streets?
- Ask Now: Why is pedestrian crossway on Mayfair Road at Menomonee River Parkway in such bad shape?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why was Wauwatosa's official trick-or-treat almost a week ahead of Halloween?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why the short green light for northbound drivers on 116th Street at North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's up with the building at 7954 Harwood Ave.?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Do bicyclists have the same right-of-way as a pedestrian in a crosswalk?
- Ask Now: What's the big green box at 104th Street and Wisconsin Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are U-turns at stoplights still illegal?
- Ask Now: Why are some streets covered with gravel?
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Ask Now: Why is Underwood Creek bright green?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to the traffic light at Harwood and Glenview avenues?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Ask Now: What are the hours of the Hart Park splash pad?
- Ask Wauwatosa Now: Why is it overgrown along 124th Street south of North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will the fence at Hartung Park be removed?