Ask Now: What types of apartments are under construction on River's Bend Lane in Wauwatosa?
Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
What types of apartments are under construction on River's Bend Lane?
Issue: A reader asked about the residential construction located south of Walnut St. between the police station and city buildings housing the recycling center and maintenance operations. He wants to know what types of apartments are being built. "I cannot find any information on the Internet," he wrote.
Status: The latest construction project in an evolving new neighborhood includes the construction of two buildings of market-rate apartments, said Ald. Cheryl Berdan. The residences will be spread between two buildings, which sit in an area among senior subsidized housing and a senior assisted living facility.
"Originally, there was talk of including retail, but I don't know how that would work in that area," Belkin said.
The neighborhood has attracted people who want to live in the city, Belkin said.
"People want to move to Tosa because of the expansion of the research park and the medical facilities," Belkin said.
The city sold the land in 2007 to Brookfield-based developer Helmut Toldt, who worked with the city while phasing in the various pieces of construction.
The city's development department did not provide further details, and repeated calls to the developer were not returned.
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Ask Now: July 3
- Ask Now: Will Wauwatosa develop more recreational land at Hart Park and along the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: How will Mayfair accommodate parking with its expansion?
- Ask Now: Why the no-right-turn sign on 103rd Street across from San Camillo?
- Ask NOW: Are local LED lights in signs regulated?
- Ask NOW: Why aren't there turn signals at intersection of Wauwatosa and Milwaukee?
- Ask NOW: Will the abandoned car lots on Burleigh and 112th be developed?
- Ask NOW: When will the Hoyt Park beer garden open?
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?
- Ask NOW: Why do the schools have to rent Hart Park facilities?
- Ask NOW: What is happening at boarded up home?
- Ask NOW: What is the sign in the median at 124th and Burleigh?
- Ask NOW: What does the historical society do with donated items?
- Ask NOW: Do Tosa students spend more days in school than required?
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Ask NOW: Why is there always a police car on 68th near Bluemound?
- Ask NOW: Is the daycare at 73rd and Center going to reopen?
- Ask NOW: What constitutes a clear walkway?
- Ask NOW: Are repairs on tap for 60th Street?