Ask Now: What types of apartments are under construction on River's Bend Lane in Wauwatosa?
Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
What types of apartments are under construction on River's Bend Lane?
Issue: A reader asked about the residential construction located south of Walnut St. between the police station and city buildings housing the recycling center and maintenance operations. He wants to know what types of apartments are being built. "I cannot find any information on the Internet," he wrote.
Status: The latest construction project in an evolving new neighborhood includes the construction of two buildings of market-rate apartments, said Ald. Cheryl Berdan. The residences will be spread between two buildings, which sit in an area among senior subsidized housing and a senior assisted living facility.
"Originally, there was talk of including retail, but I don't know how that would work in that area," Belkin said.
The neighborhood has attracted people who want to live in the city, Belkin said.
"People want to move to Tosa because of the expansion of the research park and the medical facilities," Belkin said.
The city sold the land in 2007 to Brookfield-based developer Helmut Toldt, who worked with the city while phasing in the various pieces of construction.
The city's development department did not provide further details, and repeated calls to the developer were not returned.
Submit your question by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to bank at Pick 'n Save on Mayfair Road?
- Ask Now: Who pays the taxes when a house has been torn down?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are those bird sounds being used as crosswalk signals?
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Ask Now: What is happening with developments near the intersection of Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street?
- Ask Now: Doesn't a residential swimming pool need to be fenced?
- Ask Now: Why is the city fixing sidewalks with asphalt?
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Ask Now: Is the size and placement of political signs regulated?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is construction on Mayfair Road taking so long?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the basins in the County Ground never filled with water?
- Ask Now: How to stop medical center employees from smoking on nearby streets
- Ask Now: Why is Pocket Park in such tough shape?
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Ask Now: July 3
- Ask Now: Will Wauwatosa develop more recreational land at Hart Park and along the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: How will Mayfair accommodate parking with its expansion?
- Ask Now: Why the no-right-turn sign on 103rd Street across from San Camillo?