Ask Now: What types of apartments are under construction on River's Bend Lane in Wauwatosa?
Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
What types of apartments are under construction on River's Bend Lane?
Issue: A reader asked about the residential construction located south of Walnut St. between the police station and city buildings housing the recycling center and maintenance operations. He wants to know what types of apartments are being built. "I cannot find any information on the Internet," he wrote.
Status: The latest construction project in an evolving new neighborhood includes the construction of two buildings of market-rate apartments, said Ald. Cheryl Berdan. The residences will be spread between two buildings, which sit in an area among senior subsidized housing and a senior assisted living facility.
"Originally, there was talk of including retail, but I don't know how that would work in that area," Belkin said.
The neighborhood has attracted people who want to live in the city, Belkin said.
"People want to move to Tosa because of the expansion of the research park and the medical facilities," Belkin said.
The city sold the land in 2007 to Brookfield-based developer Helmut Toldt, who worked with the city while phasing in the various pieces of construction.
The city's development department did not provide further details, and repeated calls to the developer were not returned.
Submit your question by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the apartments under construction on North Avenue so close to the street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are some right lanes striped?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why aren't my neighborhood's trees being trimmed?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can Tosa Presbyterian put a "Do Not Enter" sign in the street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the gym floors at Longellow and Tosa East in such bad shape?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's under that red tent on Burleigh Road?
- Ask Wauwatosa Now: Why is Tosa's ZIP Code 53226 linked to Milwaukee?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why yield when turning right into my own lane?
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's the status of the church for sale on 70th Street?
- Ask Now: Will Wauwatosa build a sidewalk between Swan Boulevard trails and Discovery Parkway?
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?
- Ask Now: Why does the Police Department continue to publish a paper version of its newsletter?
- Ask Now: Will the city fix 68th Street between State Street and Milwaukee Avenue?
- Ask Now: Why is there snow on the sidewalk on a stretch along Potter Road?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will North Avenue west of Mayfair Road be fixed?
- Ask Now: Why are Roosevelt and McKinley elementary schools so similar?