Joining four other establishments that have recently looked to East Tosa to open second locations, Milwaukee's Thai-namite is requesting a conditional-use permit to open a restaurant at 7212 W. North Ave., in the space formerly occupied by Fattoni's Deli & Catering.
The Wauwatosa Plan Commission will consider the request Monday, May 12.
The owner of the building, Pete Venturi, said he has been looking for a tenant since he kicked out the owner of Fattoni's Deli in March for failing to pay rent.
Alderman Bobby Pantuso said he thinks the restaurant will make a solid addition to a growing neighborhood that recently has been the destination of choice for Camp Bar, BelAir Cantina, Juniper61 and Hue.
"I think that's just amazing," Pantuso said. "Just six years ago, we weren't even on the map."
Thai-namite, which has one location at 932 E. Brady St., on Milwaukee's East Side, serves Japanese and Thai food for dining in or carrying out.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new science requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drive
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31