Joining four other establishments that have recently looked to East Tosa to open second locations, Milwaukee's Thai-namite is requesting a conditional-use permit to open a restaurant at 7212 W. North Ave., in the space formerly occupied by Fattoni's Deli & Catering.
The Wauwatosa Plan Commission will consider the request Monday, May 12.
The owner of the building, Pete Venturi, said he has been looking for a tenant since he kicked out the owner of Fattoni's Deli in March for failing to pay rent.
Alderman Bobby Pantuso said he thinks the restaurant will make a solid addition to a growing neighborhood that recently has been the destination of choice for Camp Bar, BelAir Cantina, Juniper61 and Hue.
"I think that's just amazing," Pantuso said. "Just six years ago, we weren't even on the map."
Thai-namite, which has one location at 932 E. Brady St., on Milwaukee's East Side, serves Japanese and Thai food for dining in or carrying out.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa students hit same average ACT score as last year
- Wauwatosa health department addresses residents' 'excessive' drinking
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest; Aug. 21
- News and Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Construction underway on Hart Park Pavilion
- Wauwatosa pastor defends political speech in federal court case
- Band Blast Off gives beginner musicians a boost
- Terminated Wauwatosa firefighters still fighting for disability benefits
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words