Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
When will the Hoyt Park beer garden open?
Issue: We caught a tweet from a reader who wondered when The Landing — the beer garden run by the Friends of Hoyt Park and Pool – would re-open this year. The author said she and a friend "have important business to attend to there."
Status: That "business" may commence on Wednesday, May 14, when The Landing is scheduled to open, weather permitting.
Mary Pluta, director of communications for the Friends organization, said she is hopeful the early opening for this first full year of operation will hold despite the recent inclement weather.
"It has been a lousy winter," Pluta said. "We just hope that spring arrives before summer."
She said The Landing, which opened in late July last year, will have the benefit of a full array of seating that was phased in during its 2013 run. The beer lineup is changing and live music, a more sporadic feature last year, is regularly scheduled throughout this season.
The Landing will be open from 3 to 9 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday at 1800 N. Swan Blvd. Pluta said a formal news release with full season details will be sent out in early May.
For up-to-date information throughout the season, Pluta suggested following The Landing at Hoyt Park on Facebook.
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park?
- Ask Now: Who's responsible for the corner east of Mo's Irish Pub?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are there plans to improve the traffic signals at 68th and Wells streets?
- Ask Now: Why is pedestrian crossway on Mayfair Road at Menomonee River Parkway in such bad shape?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why was Wauwatosa's official trick-or-treat almost a week ahead of Halloween?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why the short green light for northbound drivers on 116th Street at North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's up with the building at 7954 Harwood Ave.?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Do bicyclists have the same right-of-way as a pedestrian in a crosswalk?
- Ask Now: What's the big green box at 104th Street and Wisconsin Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are U-turns at stoplights still illegal?
- Ask Now: Why are some streets covered with gravel?
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Ask Now: Why is Underwood Creek bright green?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to the traffic light at Harwood and Glenview avenues?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Ask Now: What are the hours of the Hart Park splash pad?
- Ask Wauwatosa Now: Why is it overgrown along 124th Street south of North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will the fence at Hartung Park be removed?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?