Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
When will the Hoyt Park beer garden open?
Issue: We caught a tweet from a reader who wondered when The Landing — the beer garden run by the Friends of Hoyt Park and Pool – would re-open this year. The author said she and a friend "have important business to attend to there."
Status: That "business" may commence on Wednesday, May 14, when The Landing is scheduled to open, weather permitting.
Mary Pluta, director of communications for the Friends organization, said she is hopeful the early opening for this first full year of operation will hold despite the recent inclement weather.
"It has been a lousy winter," Pluta said. "We just hope that spring arrives before summer."
She said The Landing, which opened in late July last year, will have the benefit of a full array of seating that was phased in during its 2013 run. The beer lineup is changing and live music, a more sporadic feature last year, is regularly scheduled throughout this season.
The Landing will be open from 3 to 9 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday at 1800 N. Swan Blvd. Pluta said a formal news release with full season details will be sent out in early May.
For up-to-date information throughout the season, Pluta suggested following The Landing at Hoyt Park on Facebook.
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is Jennings Park and why does it have a sign?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the building proposed for 2100 N. Mayfair Road ever get under way?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Bluemound Road?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why won't the city collect trash if a car is parked on the street in front of it?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will there be more caution signs at Martha Washington Drive and Milwaukee Street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are new streetlights being placed because of coyote sightings?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is the zoo building a new entrance?
- Ask Now: Why did we hear so much gunfire from the Wauwatosa Police Department in the fall?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can homeowners dispute sidewalk replacement decisions?
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park?
- Ask Now: Who's responsible for the corner east of Mo's Irish Pub?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are there plans to improve the traffic signals at 68th and Wells streets?
- Ask Now: Why is pedestrian crossway on Mayfair Road at Menomonee River Parkway in such bad shape?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why was Wauwatosa's official trick-or-treat almost a week ahead of Halloween?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why the short green light for northbound drivers on 116th Street at North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's up with the building at 7954 Harwood Ave.?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Do bicyclists have the same right-of-way as a pedestrian in a crosswalk?
- Ask Now: What's the big green box at 104th Street and Wisconsin Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are U-turns at stoplights still illegal?