Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
When will the Hoyt Park beer garden open?
Issue: We caught a tweet from a reader who wondered when The Landing — the beer garden run by the Friends of Hoyt Park and Pool – would re-open this year. The author said she and a friend "have important business to attend to there."
Status: That "business" may commence on Wednesday, May 14, when The Landing is scheduled to open, weather permitting.
Mary Pluta, director of communications for the Friends organization, said she is hopeful the early opening for this first full year of operation will hold despite the recent inclement weather.
"It has been a lousy winter," Pluta said. "We just hope that spring arrives before summer."
She said The Landing, which opened in late July last year, will have the benefit of a full array of seating that was phased in during its 2013 run. The beer lineup is changing and live music, a more sporadic feature last year, is regularly scheduled throughout this season.
The Landing will be open from 3 to 9 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday at 1800 N. Swan Blvd. Pluta said a formal news release with full season details will be sent out in early May.
For up-to-date information throughout the season, Pluta suggested following The Landing at Hoyt Park on Facebook.
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to bank at Pick 'n Save on Mayfair Road?
- Ask Now: Who pays the taxes when a house has been torn down?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are those bird sounds being used as crosswalk signals?
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Ask Now: What is happening with developments near the intersection of Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street?
- Ask Now: Doesn't a residential swimming pool need to be fenced?
- Ask Now: Why is the city fixing sidewalks with asphalt?
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Ask Now: Is the size and placement of political signs regulated?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is construction on Mayfair Road taking so long?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the basins in the County Ground never filled with water?
- Ask Now: How to stop medical center employees from smoking on nearby streets
- Ask Now: Why is Pocket Park in such tough shape?
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Ask Now: July 3
- Ask Now: Will Wauwatosa develop more recreational land at Hart Park and along the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: How will Mayfair accommodate parking with its expansion?
- Ask Now: What types of apartments are under construction on River's Bend Lane in Wauwatosa?