Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?
Issue: Two readers within a few days wrote to us noting the confusion on westbound Burleigh Street approaching the highway.
"There are two left-turn lanes," wrote one reader, noting that she has seen drivers think the right-most left-turn lane also allowed them to go straight. The other reader called attention to similar confusion in the far right lane of westbound Burleigh Street.
They both wonder when pavement lane markings will be corrected.
Status: City Engineer Bill Wehrley said the city is in the process of restriping the lanes, as weather permits.
He advised drivers to look at the overhead lane signs affixed to the Highway 45 Bridge for guidance.
He also said Burleigh Street road design and construction to accommodate new retail development east of the highway is a work in progress.
"We are in the process of widening the road, providing proper turn lanes and installing new signals at two intersections," Wehrley said.
Roadwork started last summer. The Mayfair Collection recently opened, generating a high volume of traffic. The Meijer store under construction is expected to open within the year.
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Ask Now: What is happening with developments near the intersection of Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street?
- Ask Now: Doesn't a residential swimming pool need to be fenced?
- Ask Now: Why is the city fixing sidewalks with asphalt?
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Ask Now: Is the size and placement of political signs regulated?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is construction on Mayfair Road taking so long?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the basins in the County Ground never filled with water?
- Ask Now: How to stop medical center employees from smoking on nearby streets
- Ask Now: Why is Pocket Park in such tough shape?
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Ask Now: July 3
- Ask Now: Will Wauwatosa develop more recreational land at Hart Park and along the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: How will Mayfair accommodate parking with its expansion?
- Ask Now: What types of apartments are under construction on River's Bend Lane in Wauwatosa?
- Ask Now: Why the no-right-turn sign on 103rd Street across from San Camillo?
- Ask NOW: Are local LED lights in signs regulated?
- Ask NOW: Why aren't there turn signals at intersection of Wauwatosa and Milwaukee?