Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?
Issue: Two readers within a few days wrote to us noting the confusion on westbound Burleigh Street approaching the highway.
"There are two left-turn lanes," wrote one reader, noting that she has seen drivers think the right-most left-turn lane also allowed them to go straight. The other reader called attention to similar confusion in the far right lane of westbound Burleigh Street.
They both wonder when pavement lane markings will be corrected.
Status: City Engineer Bill Wehrley said the city is in the process of restriping the lanes, as weather permits.
He advised drivers to look at the overhead lane signs affixed to the Highway 45 Bridge for guidance.
He also said Burleigh Street road design and construction to accommodate new retail development east of the highway is a work in progress.
"We are in the process of widening the road, providing proper turn lanes and installing new signals at two intersections," Wehrley said.
Roadwork started last summer. The Mayfair Collection recently opened, generating a high volume of traffic. The Meijer store under construction is expected to open within the year.
Submit your question by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park?
- Ask Now: Who's responsible for the corner east of Mo's Irish Pub?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are there plans to improve the traffic signals at 68th and Wells streets?
- Ask Now: Why is pedestrian crossway on Mayfair Road at Menomonee River Parkway in such bad shape?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why was Wauwatosa's official trick-or-treat almost a week ahead of Halloween?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why the short green light for northbound drivers on 116th Street at North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's up with the building at 7954 Harwood Ave.?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Do bicyclists have the same right-of-way as a pedestrian in a crosswalk?
- Ask Now: What's the big green box at 104th Street and Wisconsin Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are U-turns at stoplights still illegal?
- Ask Now: Why are some streets covered with gravel?
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Ask Now: Why is Underwood Creek bright green?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to the traffic light at Harwood and Glenview avenues?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Ask Now: What are the hours of the Hart Park splash pad?
- Ask Wauwatosa Now: Why is it overgrown along 124th Street south of North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will the fence at Hartung Park be removed?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?