Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?
Issue: Two readers within a few days wrote to us noting the confusion on westbound Burleigh Street approaching the highway.
"There are two left-turn lanes," wrote one reader, noting that she has seen drivers think the right-most left-turn lane also allowed them to go straight. The other reader called attention to similar confusion in the far right lane of westbound Burleigh Street.
They both wonder when pavement lane markings will be corrected.
Status: City Engineer Bill Wehrley said the city is in the process of restriping the lanes, as weather permits.
He advised drivers to look at the overhead lane signs affixed to the Highway 45 Bridge for guidance.
He also said Burleigh Street road design and construction to accommodate new retail development east of the highway is a work in progress.
"We are in the process of widening the road, providing proper turn lanes and installing new signals at two intersections," Wehrley said.
Roadwork started last summer. The Mayfair Collection recently opened, generating a high volume of traffic. The Meijer store under construction is expected to open within the year.
Submit your question by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Ask Now: What are the hours of the Hart Park splash pad?
- Ask Wauwatosa Now: Why is it overgrown along 124th Street south of North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will the fence at Hartung Park be removed?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the apartments under construction on North Avenue so close to the street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are some right lanes striped?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why aren't my neighborhood's trees being trimmed?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can Tosa Presbyterian put a "Do Not Enter" sign in the street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the gym floors at Longellow and Tosa East in such bad shape?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's under that red tent on Burleigh Road?
- Ask Wauwatosa Now: Why is Tosa's ZIP Code 53226 linked to Milwaukee?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why yield when turning right into my own lane?
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's the status of the church for sale on 70th Street?
- Ask Now: Will Wauwatosa build a sidewalk between Swan Boulevard trails and Discovery Parkway?
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?
- Ask Now: Why does the Police Department continue to publish a paper version of its newsletter?