Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?
Issue: Two readers within a few days wrote to us noting the confusion on westbound Burleigh Street approaching the highway.
"There are two left-turn lanes," wrote one reader, noting that she has seen drivers think the right-most left-turn lane also allowed them to go straight. The other reader called attention to similar confusion in the far right lane of westbound Burleigh Street.
They both wonder when pavement lane markings will be corrected.
Status: City Engineer Bill Wehrley said the city is in the process of restriping the lanes, as weather permits.
He advised drivers to look at the overhead lane signs affixed to the Highway 45 Bridge for guidance.
He also said Burleigh Street road design and construction to accommodate new retail development east of the highway is a work in progress.
"We are in the process of widening the road, providing proper turn lanes and installing new signals at two intersections," Wehrley said.
Roadwork started last summer. The Mayfair Collection recently opened, generating a high volume of traffic. The Meijer store under construction is expected to open within the year.
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will 92nd Street north of Capitol be repaved?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Does the city enforce parking-in-driveway violations by commercial vehicles?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What types of pavers will be used in the new village streetscaping project?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will a sound barrier be built along the freeway near Center Street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What was the strong odor in the Village on March 10?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are city trees being trimmed so dramatically?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why were the center stripes on the Menomonee Parkway moved?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are anti-theft devices for cars worthwhile?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there speed bumps on the Menomonee River Parkway?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done to the Hoyt Park pedestrian bridge?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are the new lights going in LEDs?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is there a partial brick alley between 102nd and 103rd streets?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is Jennings Park and why does it have a sign?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the building proposed for 2100 N. Mayfair Road ever get under way?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Bluemound Road?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why won't the city collect trash if a car is parked on the street in front of it?