Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?
Issue: Two readers within a few days wrote to us noting the confusion on westbound Burleigh Street approaching the highway.
"There are two left-turn lanes," wrote one reader, noting that she has seen drivers think the right-most left-turn lane also allowed them to go straight. The other reader called attention to similar confusion in the far right lane of westbound Burleigh Street.
They both wonder when pavement lane markings will be corrected.
Status: City Engineer Bill Wehrley said the city is in the process of restriping the lanes, as weather permits.
He advised drivers to look at the overhead lane signs affixed to the Highway 45 Bridge for guidance.
He also said Burleigh Street road design and construction to accommodate new retail development east of the highway is a work in progress.
"We are in the process of widening the road, providing proper turn lanes and installing new signals at two intersections," Wehrley said.
Roadwork started last summer. The Mayfair Collection recently opened, generating a high volume of traffic. The Meijer store under construction is expected to open within the year.
Submit your question by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Why are Roosevelt and McKinley elementary schools so similar?
- Ask Now: When will the work be done at Highway 100 and Capitol Drive?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: How does the Peony Restaurant stay open?
- Ask Now: What is happening to the lagoon area north of Burleigh Street on the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: What does the city earn, or lose, on its recycling program?
- Ask Now: Why are North Avenue bike lanes wearing away so soon?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to bank at Pick 'n Save on Mayfair Road?
- Ask Now: Who pays the taxes when a house has been torn down?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are those bird sounds being used as crosswalk signals?
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Ask Now: What is happening with developments near the intersection of Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street?
- Ask Now: Doesn't a residential swimming pool need to be fenced?
- Ask Now: Why is the city fixing sidewalks with asphalt?
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Ask Now: Is the size and placement of political signs regulated?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is construction on Mayfair Road taking so long?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the basins in the County Ground never filled with water?
- Ask Now: How to stop medical center employees from smoking on nearby streets