Ample foot traffic welcomed the new retail destination, Mayfair Collection, last Thursday with shopping at Nordstrom Rack, Saks Fifth Avenue, Dick's Sporting Goods and more. Now, shopping patrons can stay and eat at three new Bartolotta restaurants, announced to open by winter 2014 and summer 2015.
While still in the development stages, possible restaurant concepts include a modern diner, a beer-themed pub and a casual French bistro. Bartolotta Restaurants partnered with Phoenix Development Partners to create, open and manage the eateries.
"Our new Mayfair Collection restaurants will be casual eateries catering to families, shoppers and anyone looking for elevated dining options," said Peter Jensen, partner with the Phoenix group.
"We look forward to bringing these new dining concepts to the area and to begin part of this jewel of Wauwatosa," said Joe Bartolotta, co-owner of The Bartolotta Restaurants with his brother Paul.
Mayfair Collection occupies 270,000 square feet of retail space, adapted from former warehouses, at Highway 45 and Burleigh Street. The Collection is a three-phase project by HSA Commercial Real Estate, a Chicago-based firm, with retail as phase one; a 144-room extended-stay hotel and Whole Foods Market for phase two; and residential for phase three.
About 60 percent of the space is now open with two or more tenants that would lease another 25 percent, the Business Journal reported last week.
"This is really rounding out an area that's going to serve the western side of Wauwatosa," said Wauwatosa Mayor Kathy Ehley. "It's been underutilized and quite an eyesore for many years. It's exciting to have the development building out."
HSA Commercial Real Estate originally proposed an office, retail and residential complex known as the Burleigh Triangle about 10 years ago. But the recession forced Executive Vice President Tim Blum to re-scale the project and move forward with retail space.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting