Brian Bawden, 63, was elected to Seat 7 of the Wauwatosa School Board on Tuesday.
According to unofficial results Tuesday:
Bawden received 2,167 votes, and his opponent, Michael Huitink, received 2,085.
Seat 7 was formerly held by Carmela Rios, who declined to run for re-election. Bawden is a former teacher in the Wauwatosa School District.
Bawden said in January he would no longer seek Seat 7 due to his father's diminishing health.
He could not immediately be reached for comment on his win.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa