Brian Bawden, 63, was elected to Seat 7 of the Wauwatosa School Board on Tuesday.
According to unofficial results Tuesday:
Bawden received 2,167 votes, and his opponent, Michael Huitink, received 2,085.
Seat 7 was formerly held by Carmela Rios, who declined to run for re-election. Bawden is a former teacher in the Wauwatosa School District.
Bawden said in January he would no longer seek Seat 7 due to his father's diminishing health.
He could not immediately be reached for comment on his win.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings
- State Street Station in Wauwatosa Village gets preliminary approval
- DOT considering Mayfair Road expansion, acquisitions through Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Village businesses collect food donations for Tosa Cares
- Wauwatosa meetings: Jan. 22
- Wauwatosa West's We The People team advances to the National Finals in Washington, D.C.
- On the Move: Jan. 22
- In Our Schools: Jan. 22
- Ask Now: When will the work be done at Highway 100 and Capitol Drive?