The decomposed body found Sunday afternoon in a wooded area at 124th Street and Bluemound Road was identified as James Kieckbusch, 57, no known address, according to a medical examiner's report provided by Milwaukee County.
Kieckbusch's remains were discovered by Daniel and Donald Kempka, a father and son, who had been hiking through the wooded area while looking for deer antlers. Kieckbusch was pronounced dead upon arrival at 4:48 p.m.
The medical examiner identified pill bottles in the jacket pocket with medications still inside as well as a wallet and identification card on Kieckbusch's right leg between his blue jeans and pair of long pajama-type pants.
The area did not appear to be a place where the subject lived or a homeless shelter. No obvious trauma was observed at the scene.
Kieckbusch had been on parole and had a history of bipolar disorder, the report said. His brother, William, said Kieckbusch was a "binge" drinker and had previous illicit drug use, according to the report.
Neither his brother nor parole officer had seen him since about October or November 2013, according to the report. A warrant had been issued in November for Kieckbusch for his failure to show up to an appointment.
Wauwatosa Police Department will begin a background check and continue notifying family members of Kieckbusch's discovery. The body has been transported to the Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa's Firefly Art Fair a natural landscape of beauty
- Residents invited to help design Wauwatosa skatepark
- Accordionist wows folk dancing club with range of international music
- Business Notes: July 31
- Hawaiian grocery crowd-funds commercial kitchen
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014