Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
What is happening at the residential property at 2208 N. 104th Street?
Issue: A neighbor of the property wanted to know about this local "eyesore."
"The property was in foreclosure at the time of an extensive fire in January, causing $150,000 worth of damage," she wrote. "There are large amounts of debris and filled Dumpsters, but no occupants living there and no obvious action being taken."
Status: I stopped by to check and found the home boarded up and a large Dumpster filled with material on the front lawn near the driveway. A small amount of debris lay outside the container.
Kimberly Betza, the city's code compliance officer, said she was not aware of the property's current condition and that official foreclosure information from Milwaukee County had not yet reached her office. She said the last complaint the city received about the property was in 2010, and that was because the lawn needed mowing.
"I was not aware of the Dumpster or the debris," Betza said, "so we will get out there to inspect. I'm surprised that we have not received anything directly from neighbors or the alderman. That is a common way we learn about these types of conditions."
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?
- Ask Now: Why does the Police Department continue to publish a paper version of its newsletter?
- Ask Now: Will the city fix 68th Street between State Street and Milwaukee Avenue?
- Ask Now: Why is there snow on the sidewalk on a stretch along Potter Road?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will North Avenue west of Mayfair Road be fixed?
- Ask Now: Why are Roosevelt and McKinley elementary schools so similar?
- Ask Now: When will the work be done at Highway 100 and Capitol Drive?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: How does the Peony Restaurant stay open?
- Ask Now: What is happening to the lagoon area north of Burleigh Street on the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: What does the city earn, or lose, on its recycling program?
- Ask Now: Why are North Avenue bike lanes wearing away so soon?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to bank at Pick 'n Save on Mayfair Road?
- Ask Now: Who pays the taxes when a house has been torn down?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are those bird sounds being used as crosswalk signals?
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Ask Now: What is happening with developments near the intersection of Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street?
- Ask Now: Doesn't a residential swimming pool need to be fenced?
- Ask Now: Why is the city fixing sidewalks with asphalt?
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?