Menomonee River Parkway in Wauwatosa closed to through traffic late last week from Hoyt Park Drive to Church Street.
Extensive potholes and crumbling of the pavements were causing drivers to swerve and divert into the oncoming lane, said Jill Organ, assistant chief of planning for Milwaukee County.
Cold weather has prevented the necessary repairs, as the asphalt mix required does not adhere in low temperatures, she said. Barricades have been erected at Church, Hoyt Park Drive and the north end of the Charles Hart Parkway, although homes within those boundaries are accessible.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands