Menomonee River Parkway in Wauwatosa closed to through traffic late last week from Hoyt Park Drive to Church Street.
Extensive potholes and crumbling of the pavements were causing drivers to swerve and divert into the oncoming lane, said Jill Organ, assistant chief of planning for Milwaukee County.
Cold weather has prevented the necessary repairs, as the asphalt mix required does not adhere in low temperatures, she said. Barricades have been erected at Church, Hoyt Park Drive and the north end of the Charles Hart Parkway, although homes within those boundaries are accessible.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director