Menomonee River Parkway in Wauwatosa closed to through traffic late last week from Hoyt Park Drive to Church Street.
Extensive potholes and crumbling of the pavements were causing drivers to swerve and divert into the oncoming lane, said Jill Organ, assistant chief of planning for Milwaukee County.
Cold weather has prevented the necessary repairs, as the asphalt mix required does not adhere in low temperatures, she said. Barricades have been erected at Church, Hoyt Park Drive and the north end of the Charles Hart Parkway, although homes within those boundaries are accessible.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Annual '10 Days in Tosa' promises dining steals, good eats
- In Brief: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa students get a taste of Germany through trip abroad