In just about nine weeks, Mayfair Collection is expected to open, with a handful of stores ready for business.
April 3 is the date, said a spokesman for Chicago-based HSA Commercial.
HSA said Old Navy, Nordstrom Rack, Sak's Fifth Avenue Off Fifth and Ulta will open then. Dick's Sporting Goods is the only announced tenant that won't make that time frame.
Last week in committee, signage issues were the theme, with the city interested in tweaks to the monument signs that will mark the whole shopping center. Developer Tim Blum, of Chicago-based HSA Commercial, also said that tenants were pushing for larger signs on their stores than his agreement with the city allowed for. Attorney Brian Randall said, with city backing, they would keep them in check.
Blum also said he was in discussion with a number of restaurants to locate at the center. He said he'd like to have some local restaurants, as well as national eating spots. A hotel is also planned.
HSA owns 62 acres in the Burleigh Triangle that it plans to develop in phases. A second phase of the project is likely to begin in late spring or early summer.
"We think this is complementary to Mayfair Mall," Blum said.
Alderman Dennis McBride said buzz was growing about Mayfair Collection, which has been in planning and development for a couple of years.
"You promised all this," McBride joked, "but you are a Chicago guy and I thought I'd better hang onto my wallet."
But, said the alderman, Blum was delivering.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern