More than 30 juveniles were cited and a man was arrested after police broke up a drinking party in the 1700 block of Alta Vista Avenue at 12:19 a.m. Jan. 1.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Police, following a tip about the party, were let in by girls. The police saw many empty beer cans and alcohol bottles with a sign pointing downstairs, saying "this way to the club."
The one man sitting on a couch upstairs said he had no idea about a party. He was arrested for contributing to delinquency.
Roughly 60 juveniles were found in the glitter- and graffiti-covered basement. One tried escaping by running past police to a back door but was knocked down and handcuffed.
The police sat him in a lawn chair, but as soon as he sat down, he jumped up and started running. He was taken down again and put in the back of a squad car.
One girl vomited while the police handed out citations for underage consumption to the minors.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa's Lady in Red reopens as Nikki's Boutique after remodel
- 'Tarzan' takes flight at Wauwatosa East
- Tosa Recreation Dept. to hold textile recycling event
- Exactly 175 years ago, Wauwatosa became a town (3)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 30
- Milwaukee teens charged for armed robbery in Mayfair bathroom
- Parents raise conflict of interest concerns about Wauwatosa School Board member (17)
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: April 30
- In Our Schools: April 30
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Chiropractor says it's not just about the spine