More than 30 juveniles were cited and a man was arrested after police broke up a drinking party in the 1700 block of Alta Vista Avenue at 12:19 a.m. Jan. 1.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Police, following a tip about the party, were let in by girls. The police saw many empty beer cans and alcohol bottles with a sign pointing downstairs, saying "this way to the club."
The one man sitting on a couch upstairs said he had no idea about a party. He was arrested for contributing to delinquency.
Roughly 60 juveniles were found in the glitter- and graffiti-covered basement. One tried escaping by running past police to a back door but was knocked down and handcuffed.
The police sat him in a lawn chair, but as soon as he sat down, he jumped up and started running. He was taken down again and put in the back of a squad car.
One girl vomited while the police handed out citations for underage consumption to the minors.
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30