More than 30 juveniles were cited and a man was arrested after police broke up a drinking party in the 1700 block of Alta Vista Avenue at 12:19 a.m. Jan. 1.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Police, following a tip about the party, were let in by girls. The police saw many empty beer cans and alcohol bottles with a sign pointing downstairs, saying "this way to the club."
The one man sitting on a couch upstairs said he had no idea about a party. He was arrested for contributing to delinquency.
Roughly 60 juveniles were found in the glitter- and graffiti-covered basement. One tried escaping by running past police to a back door but was knocked down and handcuffed.
The police sat him in a lawn chair, but as soon as he sat down, he jumped up and started running. He was taken down again and put in the back of a squad car.
One girl vomited while the police handed out citations for underage consumption to the minors.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- President Obama honored Wauwatosa's superintendent for technology integration
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Nov. 27
- In Our Schools: Nov. 27, 2014
- Public Forum: State Street Station plan is too large for site
- Public Forum: School district steps up on west side sidewalks
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 27
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Arte Wine & Painting Studio
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus