More than 30 juveniles were cited and a man was arrested after police broke up a drinking party in the 1700 block of Alta Vista Avenue at 12:19 a.m. Jan. 1.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Police, following a tip about the party, were let in by girls. The police saw many empty beer cans and alcohol bottles with a sign pointing downstairs, saying "this way to the club."
The one man sitting on a couch upstairs said he had no idea about a party. He was arrested for contributing to delinquency.
Roughly 60 juveniles were found in the glitter- and graffiti-covered basement. One tried escaping by running past police to a back door but was knocked down and handcuffed.
The police sat him in a lawn chair, but as soon as he sat down, he jumped up and started running. He was taken down again and put in the back of a squad car.
One girl vomited while the police handed out citations for underage consumption to the minors.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?