More than 30 juveniles were cited and a man was arrested after police broke up a drinking party in the 1700 block of Alta Vista Avenue at 12:19 a.m. Jan. 1.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Police, following a tip about the party, were let in by girls. The police saw many empty beer cans and alcohol bottles with a sign pointing downstairs, saying "this way to the club."
The one man sitting on a couch upstairs said he had no idea about a party. He was arrested for contributing to delinquency.
Roughly 60 juveniles were found in the glitter- and graffiti-covered basement. One tried escaping by running past police to a back door but was knocked down and handcuffed.
The police sat him in a lawn chair, but as soon as he sat down, he jumped up and started running. He was taken down again and put in the back of a squad car.
One girl vomited while the police handed out citations for underage consumption to the minors.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (1)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30
- In Brief: City seeks volunteers for focus group; seminar can help with advanced care planning
- Wauwatosa students reducing plastic pollution headed to global competition