More than 30 juveniles were cited and a man was arrested after police broke up a drinking party in the 1700 block of Alta Vista Avenue at 12:19 a.m. Jan. 1.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Police, following a tip about the party, were let in by girls. The police saw many empty beer cans and alcohol bottles with a sign pointing downstairs, saying "this way to the club."
The one man sitting on a couch upstairs said he had no idea about a party. He was arrested for contributing to delinquency.
Roughly 60 juveniles were found in the glitter- and graffiti-covered basement. One tried escaping by running past police to a back door but was knocked down and handcuffed.
The police sat him in a lawn chair, but as soon as he sat down, he jumped up and started running. He was taken down again and put in the back of a squad car.
One girl vomited while the police handed out citations for underage consumption to the minors.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Local developer sees opportunity for rebuild of Wauwatosa library, city hall
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?